Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

So in 21 days being alcohol free I saved $210 in 3 weeks so.......

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 02:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I rewarded myself with this to surprise my son when we go trick o treating on Halloween for my son and the other kids that are out. I said I was killing myself with drinking with alcohol spending all this money.... and I love when my son says my dad is cool to everyone. So dad will be cool and have a blast with my boy on the day we all loved so much as kids. He loves these characters! =)) Take a look...

Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Movie - Bumblebee 3D Theatrical W/ Vacuform Adult Costume | ThePartyWorks

Also what have you all been doing with the money you were spending on alcohol?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I actually have less money now I'm not using. But that suits me just fine at the moment lol. Nice one on buying that costume!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Must admit My wallet is the fattest it has being in a long time much to my Mrs joy
Old 10-05-2012, 02:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

I buy music.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hahaha! Funny you should post this just now. Today while I was at work I crunched the numbers thinking about just how much I've spent on booze. Years ago I drank beer and hard liquor. Then about five years ago I switched to wine; that actually caused me to cut back. I loved wine and really got into to studying it (ps. I'm a chef). I initially drank about a bottle, maybe bottle and a half per night. Of course, the ol' Demon came back with a vengeance. Before long I stopped buying good wine in favor of boxes. In the end I was drank between 3/4 and a full 3 L box per nite.

So here's the tale of the tape: Roughly 6 x 3L boxed per week at around $20-$24 per box. Let's call that $120 per week, $520 per month and a whopping $6240 per year!

In reality I'm sure I spent more since on "special occasions" like every payday, when my favorite team won, etc etc I'd buy something a little nicer.

Wow, maybe I'll buy a new big screen tv!