Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I am ending day 4 and can't stop eating and everything irritates me

Notices

I am ending day 4 and can't stop eating and everything irritates me

Old 10-05-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Completely normal, your brain is healing and your addiction is throwing a temper tantrum. Each day will be easier and less severe

For me the only thing that helps is an AA meeting
Old 10-05-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Missingtheoldme you are right on track! You will look back on this and pat yourself on the back for holding tight. Feelings and emotions and hunger are big, big, big signs of restoration. Congratulations on making the best choice for you and your future - you won't regret it, I promise! Hang in there, sweetie - so very glad you are here!!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome to all who have found SR. This site has been the cornerstone of my sobriety which will hit the 9 month mark in a few days. I joined up with the January Class and we have a wonderful SR family and we support, learn from, and love each other through thick and thin. Check out the October (or "sober"tober ) Class of 2012 here in the Newcomers Forum. Such a helpful thread for those going through the same thing at the same time. I wish each and everyone of you nothing but soberlicious days and do know, we are all rooting for you.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by missingtheoldme View Post
Thank you all so very much for your support and sharing your experiences. Once again I feel understood by all of you. hugs
oldme, are you going to AA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R (near Windsor)
Old 10-05-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! And, yes the first 30 days is HARD. In my first 6 months I put on about 15 pounds... in the last three months I have discovered working out. And, it is a really cool way for me to connect with the calm voice inside of myself. It is weird now I can not wait to workout. And, I have lost 12 of the 15 pounds. I am super grateful for all the love and support I have had around.

Let go... you are going to be super b*tchy for a few weeks. It is okay...
Old 10-05-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I went to AA twice many, many years ago. I clearly knew I had a problem even way back then, but it didn't really resonate with me at the time. I balked at the part of having lost control of my life and being powerless over alcohol. I still have my life pretty together, but drinking has caused some damage with regretful conversations and it has caused turmoil in my marriage. I feel closer to identifying with the powerlessness these days.

Last edited by Welcomingthenew; 10-05-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: I forgot to add the part about my marriage and the turmoil