Notices

I think I finally understand......

Old 10-04-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think I finally understand......

So behind all of my wise words, (I am fantastic at GIVING advice, horrible at FOLLOWING my own advice), I think I am beginning to understand. Here are some things that I have gained some clarity on, through this fog I have endured since this past weekend. (And I do believe that this weekend was my bottom, but I have handed over my shovel and stopped digging)(in my program)

1. AA is the solution? Negative-- aa is part of the solution. (As the glass is to the wine-- you can't consume it without it being contained.
2. Keep it simple-- YES!!!! Do what you gotta do to stay sober. Eliminate the bs. Actually choose your battles instead of letting the battles choose you!
3. Easy does it-- don't fill your plate with worries of tomorrow or yesterday. Just deal with right here, right now and stay sober! Don't pick up a drink!
4. This is your program. (Hit me like a ton of bricks at tonight's meeting) yes!!!! This is MY recovery. I'll take what I need and leave the rest!
5. There is a huge difference between going to aa, and JOINING aa. To me, going to meetings is wonderful because of different perspectives, but joining the group and getting a sponsor is where you break down yourself, to simply rebuild yourself. Talking with that one person, your sponsor and figuring out YOU as an individual, rather than the group.

Call me crazy on the end of day 3, but I'll be, I think it's all finally starting to make sense. I have attended 6 meetings in 3 days and ya know what? I'm excited to go back 2x tomorrow, to see how my brothers and sisters are doing, and what advice or insight they may have for me! Thank you aa, u will save my life! :rotfxko

The reason I post this is because this is my 3rd attempt at aa, and I guess I never really understood Wth it all meant. But I'm getting it now and it's an amazing feeling!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you Chardonnay! It works if you work it. ( thats what is said right?)
Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Awesome stuff Chard

Bring the body and the mind will follow
Change everything but your name
Meeting makers make it
More to be reveiled

Just a couple things that popped in my head. And yes some get it right of the rip, others take years. It doesnt matter. As long as we do..

Learning to live one day at a time, with the help of a power greater than me..

I love going to meetings too. I have been going daily for over a year. It truly is the hightlight every day..
Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're back and working on a plan Chard

D
Old 10-04-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Looks like you're doing some good internal work, chard!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Glad you're finding some answers you've been seeking at AA. Whatever does the trick!! I totally agree with keeping it very simple. Just.don't.drink.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

Listen up peeps! This newcomer is on to something! Be careful Chard......you keep talking like this and you're gonna end up sober.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I love this line, it rang true with me :-

Do what you gotta do to stay sober. Eliminate the bs. Actually choose your battles instead of letting the battles choose you!
Bestwishes, M
Old 10-05-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RobC420 View Post
Listen up peeps! This newcomer is on to something! Be careful Chard......you keep talking like this and you're gonna end up sober.

Hahah! This brings a smile to my face! Have a great day!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
instant

Well done !!