Notices

Sober Halloween

Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Halloween

So this year on Halloween, instead of drinking I will watch a scary movie, give out treats and eat popcorn...how about you?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This will be my first sober Halloween and now you have gotten me excited for it! I wish I lived in a neighborhood where kids trick-or-treat, but I think I will definitely have a movie marathon. Maybe some cheesy 80s horror movies with some real scary ones thrown in there. And bake some Halloween-themed treats for me (and whomever else joins) to chow down on.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I was invited to be a plus one with a friend to a halloween party. Unfortunately some of the people hosting the party have some pretty major drug problems so I said I would give it a miss. I imagine I will be spending it watching scary movies at home unless anyone in recovery throws a halloween party.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Most AA clubs have a holloween party
Old 10-04-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Probably giving out candy while unpacking in the brand new house! Woop woop!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Pass the candy corn or?

Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
former walking pharmacy

Candy!!! Lots of it
Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Halloween is going to be a scary trigger lol It will probably be my first sober one since my teens. Will have to scare the hell out of the AV instead I guess.
Still will get into the spirit...without spirits
Old 10-04-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It might be nice to get in some fun non-alcoholic beverages, just to be prepared. I am going to be creative, maybe hot cider with cinnamon or hot chocolate with cacao chips, just have fun with it.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

i generally take off on a monday or friday to make a 3 day wkend of it but it falls funny this week. so the previous wkend is definite to be a movie marathon wwkend. i've already started watching horror movies (i love them!) in a challenge with myself to watch 100 horror movies in the month of october -- kinda hard to do with working during the week but fun in the attempt of it!!!
plenty of popcorn, coca-cola, tea, pizza ~ no regards to anything healthy ~ well maybe there will an apple in there somewhere haha

Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Maybe we should all go trick or treating ourselves with all the candy and sugar cravings we have after quitting
Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
Maybe we should all go trick or treating ourselves with all the candy and sugar cravings we have after quitting
LOL well I am taking my daughter trick or treating, she is 3 so I can eat most of hers!!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

my neighbor is having a party. i'm going to help him carve pumpkins for it. i know there will be drinking there but i'm already known as The Girl Who Doesn't Drink so no worries. i'll have plenty of mineral water and La Croix for myself and my husband. Halloween night i'll probably just dress up and hand out candy. maybe hit the Art Bar with my husband for a couple of games of pool and watch Rocky Horror Picture Show at home (hollering all the callbacks i know!). i usually got drunk alone. bars and parties aren't usually a big problem for me, thank goodness.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I offered to help my neighbor take her kids out trick or treating, he husband is in Afghanistan she has 5 of them so she could use it! And plus I plan to raid their candy after they go to sleep, lol. And it'll be awesome to have an excuse to go trick or treating again
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
So this year on Halloween, instead of drinking I will watch a scary movie, give out treats and eat popcorn...how about you?
Ditto Last year was my first time sober, and I just loved handing out the candy to the little ones. Plus all week are good parties at all the AA meetings...
Old 10-04-2012, 11:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I will not carve a pumpkin.Did on acid in the 60s, like cutting myself I will give out candy. Maybe dress as a werewolf for me it doesn't take much. i wish i had my gradkids to go door to door. In my dads days in Kansas they tipped over outhouses.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Halloween is not big here...I'll get some sweets in for any callers, but that's about it

D
Old 10-05-2012, 12:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Luckily for me although Halloween is my favorite holiday it's never been a big drunkfest for me. I will hand out candy to the kiddies, weather allowing (I have a feeling it's gonna be cooold and snowy Halloween where I live).
Old 10-05-2012, 12:51 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
This might be my second sober Halloween. If I remember I just stayed home and anticipated on giving out treats, but nobody came to my house. I had a lot of candy the next day which was a good and bad thing.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Halloween parties are big drunk fests for me. We just got an invite for an annual party. I told hubby I don't want to go. The people bore me sober and I'm always drunk there. Have no desire to spend the evening socializing with them sober.