Notices

Does It Get Easier???

Old 10-04-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does It Get Easier???

Still in jail, this is my eleventh day in here, my tenth day sober, and even though I can not get a hold of any drug I still think about it a whole lot, and I know the obsession is so bad at times that if I were out then I would have already relapsed. Does this get any easier? This addiction thing is so tricky, you would think the worst day would be day one, but the urges come at unpredictable times. Any help would be appreciated.

Ex-
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How long in jail? I did 6 months But mostly the food. But it can always be worse try nam. Do you get the computer once a day
Old 10-04-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

The major cravings to tend to lessen as the time progresses. Every now and again I still have a sudden urge but the feeling does pass and it all depends on how you deal with it. If you are worried about relapsing after leaving jail perhaps you could get someone responsible to pick you up when you are released.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It does get easier with time.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You didn't say what drug you were on but if it's opiods it gets a little better each day. I'm 5 days into my hell and feeling better than the first day. Hang in there buddy
Old 10-05-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I will be in here until the paper work gets completed for me to be admitted into a facility, shouldn't be much longer. My drug was anything I could get a hold of, mainly dxm, hydrocodone, clonazepam, alcohol, and huffing gas. I know that dxm isn't a drug a lot of people get addicted to but it was my crack. And Natom, I will be transported via a highway patrolman to my destination so I'm going to be clean for a while whether I want to be or not, but I do want to be. I'm glad to hear that it does get easier.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by Extrochris View Post
I will be in here until the paper work gets completed for me to be admitted into a facility, shouldn't be much longer. My drug was anything I could get a hold of, mainly dxm, hydrocodone, clonazepam, alcohol, and huffing gas. I know that dxm isn't a drug a lot of people get addicted to but it was my crack. And Natom, I will be transported via a highway patrolman to my destination so I'm going to be clean for a while whether I want to be or not, but I do want to be. I'm glad to hear that it does get easier.
It gets easier if you work at it. If you really really want sobriety and recovery and put the effort in then it's such a wonderful experience. I have been told many times that if you put the same amount of effort into your recovery as you did with your using it will make the experience a lot easier for you.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It does get easier. Cravings will come and go, its what you do with those cravings that make the difference. I come to this forum and ask for help when I "think" that i want to drink. My brain can say some really tricky things....I just ride the wave and soon enough I am feeling better. Asking for help is essential. Also, I ask these questions: Am I hungry? Am I angry? Am I lonely? Am I tired? H.A.L.T.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Extrochris

It does get easier. Once you reach 30 days, then you will feel more in control, less craving and a little happier. 60-90 days are easier than first 30.
And once you are over 120 then it gets very easy.

I have days that I don't even remember that booze exists. Of course I still have days when I crave.
Ultimately the feeling of being free is amazing.

At the moment all you need to do is count your sober days, every second you are closer to freedom.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

For many of us, unless we take action, no, it does not get easier. It gets worse. As an alcoholic when I put down booze I did not put down my problem. I put down my solution. Alcohol was how I dealt with the uncomfortability of my life. Sobriety seemed to be the problem. So putting down booze, I was left with my inability to handle life and had no alcohol to treat my condition. Until I began taking action by working the steps of AA things just got worse. Once I started taking action, the desire to drink was quickly removed and has not returned in over 4 years because I continue to treat my condition properly. Many alcoholics/ addicts do not get better just by abstaining and nothing else. Additional action is necessary.