Notices

Where are people from if I can ask

Old 10-20-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

What? That cheap? I miss New England seafood so much....lobster rolls, fisherman's platter's, clam chowder. I grew up in Dover, NH. Are you familiar?
Old 10-20-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Right now Phoenix, AZ

but before that
CA
MA
KS
OR
SC

Not in that order.

Hope to be moving out of AZ in 2013.

Love the climate in the North so either back to New England.. Went to school in Biddeford Maine which is south of Portland Maine. Love it there.

I love Kansas too, so I might go back to Salina...

Or I will go back to the Northwest. OR/ WA, as it is nice there too.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Dismember

Originally Posted by Exploring View Post
What? That cheap? I miss New England seafood so much....lobster rolls, fisherman's platter's, clam chowder. I grew up in Dover, NH. Are you familiar?
Oh yes. I'd go to the store, get 8 lobsters for a little over $30. Ate it so much this summer that I'm pretty much tired of lobster for a while. I have 3-4 lbs of meat in the freezer for making chowder this winter. Wish clam prices were less, but beggars can't be choosers. Next year I'll try getting my own clams; this year, I tried collecting (and eating) winkies. Those were pretty good.

I know Dover (hence your Berwick message, I'd assume). Been there a lot, too.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I could be in Maine in 10 minutes....lol!! York Beach I miss so much. Taffy, the smell of the ocean, ahhhh.......I am so jealous of your lobster prices. I live in NC now. I bet they are expensive here. I miss New England.....the White Mountains in the fall. I don't miss the snow and the winters though. Driving was treacherous.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Dismember

I could be in Maine in 10 minutes....lol!! York Beach I miss so much. Taffy, the smell of the ocean, ahhhh.......I am so jealous of your lobster prices. I live in NC now. I bet they are expensive here. I miss New England.....the White Mountains in the fall. I don't miss the snow and the winters though. Driving was treacherous.
I don't miss York beach in the summer... Too many tourists. Soon, they will be mostly gone, as leaf peeper season will be over. I love all the seasons (well, except for mud season.) I love winter; love driving in the snowstorms and blizzards.

Though, I must admit, there are times in the winter that I wish I was in a warmer clime.. But not often. I really don't like hot weather, anyway.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

I might like living in Costa Rico but always been a dreamer
Old 10-20-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I left NH in 1984. I can imagine that things are quite different these days. I just have fond memories. Hampton Beach, Rye Beach, Walla Sands, York. I live in the mountains here and have not been near a beach in years. I miss the ocean. I'm glad you love it there!! I've lost most of my accent. Which I feel is wicked good....lol!!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I hear Costa Rica is awesome. Lots of beaches. Sign me up!!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I don't miss York beach in the summer... Too many tourists. Soon, they will be mostly gone, as leaf peeper season will be over. I love all the seasons (well, except for mud season.) I love winter; love driving in the snowstorms and blizzards.

Though, I must admit, there are times in the winter that I wish I was in a warmer clime.. But not often. I really don't like hot weather, anyway.
I don't like the warm weather either. Can't wait to get out of Phoenix.

I loved the time I spent in Southern Maine... Went to St. Frances College in Biddeford Pool area..No longer there. Loved being on the ocean and during the school year it was nice and peaceful...

Have a great evening.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Have lived in San Diego since 1998, before that lived in New York.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Dismember

Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
Right now Phoenix, AZ

but before that
CA
MA
KS
OR
SC

Not in that order.

Hope to be moving out of AZ in 2013.

Love the climate in the North so either back to New England.. Went to school in Biddeford Maine which is south of Portland Maine. Love it there.

I love Kansas too, so I might go back to Salina...

Or I will go back to the Northwest. OR/ WA, as it is nice there too.
Come back to Maine, you know you wanna
Old 10-20-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I moved to Orlando in 1984. Talk about a different climate!! I spent my first Christmas there in Clearwater on the beach. Eating pizza. I like seasons. Here they are more temperate. Spinning out on snowy roads is scary......lol!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Dismember

Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
I don't like the warm weather either. Can't wait to get out of Phoenix.

I loved the time I spent in Southern Maine... Went to St. Frances College in Biddeford Pool area..No longer there. Loved being on the ocean and during the school year it was nice and peaceful...

Have a great evening.
In the summer, I spend a lot of time inside if the temps are above 80. Just don't like it. In the winter, I'll often go out plowing after a snowstorm in shorts and a t-shirt, with the window down. Love how quiet it is after a storm.

I live just a couple of miles from the coast. Love the ocean.

Have a great night, too!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Dismember

I moved to Orlando in 1984. Talk about a different climate!! I spent my first Christmas there in Clearwater on the beach. Eating pizza. I like seasons. Here they are more temperate. Spinning out on snowy roads is scary......lol!
Yes, I'd say so! I don't know if Christmas would be the same without cold temps and snow...

Spinning out on snowy roads is fun - if you're trying to
With some of my old cars, I used to say I loved winter, because that was the only time of the year it seemed like I had power steering
Old 10-20-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

I used to love going snowmobiling on cold snowy nights. Flying across frozen lakes is a thrill. Also ice fishing. Nothing like stepping outside on a cold night and seeing your breath. Makes you feel alive!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

I miss ice skating. And concerts in Portland. Saw Foreigner there, amongst others. I think I just dated myself...lol!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I am seven miles from the crash site of Flight 93, SW Pa, USA
Old 10-20-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

The boyfriend and I hiked Mount Washington. Fun times. I also miss water-skiing. The grands had a camp on Mousam Lake in Acton Maine. Oh and blueberry picking. With the bee's.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Maybe I will move back to Maine... Love it there.

Portland was a neat city. The great thing about Biddeford Pool was you lived in the country but could drive to the city and if you wanted to see a Red Sox or Celtic game you could drive to Boston...
Old 10-20-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Dismember

I used to love going snowmobiling on cold snowy nights. Flying across frozen lakes is a thrill. Also ice fishing. Nothing like stepping outside on a cold night and seeing your breath. Makes you feel alive!
Yes, can't wait till the lakes freeze and I can go ice fishing up to camp. That, and going in the hot tub when it is snowing outside.