Notices

Totally, totally screwed up.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Jake,
Living is painful and causes suffering . Drink and drugs only offer a delusionary momentary cestation of the pain, the suffering will only increase in that way of life .

There are healthier ways of living which make the pains we all have more tollerable and see that we do not suffer those pains unduely .

I pray to whomever may be listening for your saftey and to watch over you tonight .. try to drink some water as well ..

hope to hear from you soon , M
Old 10-02-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
instant

The cycle of seeking the comfort of oblivion to escape is ultimately vicious.

Come back and have another go at sobriety.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You gotta help yourself before other people can help you Jake. I wish you the best Jake. I really do.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What's that saying about "planning to drink"?

I forgot. But yeah, from your previous post, it was obvious you weren't planning to stay sober.

All the best.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

Would just like to update this thread as a form of damage control. Totally embarrassed myself on here earlier, and for that i'm sorry.

I couldn't log in earlier after logging off as I forgot my password, but I took control of everything (thanks to all of your guys help!) and went out for my birthday.

We had an all you can eat chinese (the first time i've vomited without alcohol being the primary cause) and then I managed to get myself into what appears to be a cautious and tentative "first-stage" relationship with the gorgeous French girl I mentioned.

I have poured all of the alcohol I had in the fridge down the drain and i'm going to give sobriety another shot. I am sorry for being so self pitying earlier, I cannot bring myself to even read my posts back.

Life is good again (how long it'll last is another matter).
Old 10-02-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I love this place.

I see your 'greenlight' still on. Go into the chat room and hang out. (Link at top of the page) Awesome peeps in there to talk to when feeling like this. We all have these times. Hug
Old 10-02-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You are among friends and always will be. No reason for embarrassment. So glad to know you are okay, and happy to read this update.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update Jake - glad to know you're doing better

D
Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Great news. Life will always suck sometimes, it just sucks a bit less sober. Glad you got over yourself.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It's good to hear back from you Jake.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good on ya for coming back and giving it another go. It's very easy to stumble early. Some people try for years to get a day. The important part is to keep getting up and trying again. Sorry your Chinese food made you ill.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Bravo Jake. Good to hear that you chose a different direction. Keep at it Jake.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I hate to break it to you, but it just keeps going on like that year after unpredictable year, lol... As Itchy said, you can count on some bad days. Pain and joy are two sides of the same coin, as they say. But with booze and drugs behind you, a lot more of those coin tosses are likely to go your way. That's definitely been my experience.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm glad you did that, Jake. Good for you!

Now it's time to think about what you're going to change, because something obviously isn't working. Most people don't achieve lasting sobriety by not having some sort of plan in place. Maybe not even a whole plan but some sort of idea of what you're going to do in order to get where you want to get and what you will put in place mentally to stop you from drinking/using.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:53 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Dating is an emotional roller-coaster . You've managed to get on with this girl SOBER perhaps that is pointing out to you how this relationship should progress ?

If things do go pear shaped, remember it might not be anything to do with you or what you've done, some of us drunks are great at trying to match our percieved faults and failings up to an external reality we percieve, which is way out of whack from the truth.

Glad the drink went down the sink, M
Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Great to hear you got rid of the alcohol. It would be insane to keep booze in the fridge during the first months of sobriety. Those of us who live with normal drinkers have it a little hard than those who don't, but if we enlist their help we can do it.

Take good care
Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by MightyMung View Post

The defination of insanity is doing the same things over and over but expecting differant results.

You seem to think it is only a matter of time before this happens again so maybe it is time to try something different.

SR, has a ton of info on differant recovery methods. I am a huge AA fan but AA does not have a corner on the recovery market.

The important thing is to develop a plan of recovery. Nobody said it will be easy but there are millions of healthy happy recovering people leading sober lives
Old 10-05-2012, 03:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

MIRecovery I love your signature line.
I am grateful for waking up from a restfull night to a morning free of hangover and filled with possibilities.