Notices

Co-incidence?

Old 10-02-2012, 02:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jake, 19

Co-incidence?

So, when I fell off the wagon, I thought "this is the end".

However, i've just "woken up" so to speak after what was essentially a week long bender, and I find myself having managed to somehow gain the affections of an amazing 9/10 French girl.

I'm now terrified - i've set the bar too high by being drunk and having the courage to say/do things that got her attention, yet last night I couldn't even kiss her after a date. It's my birthday tonight and i'm scared i'll resort to drinking for courage again, despite the incredibly high risk involved in taking that route.

This seems contrary to everything i've learned - how did I manage to get this girl while being drunk? My intuition tells me that it should have gone wrong, but it didn't. I'm now also backed into a corner where I physically can't initiate contact/intimacy without being drunk/tipsy since that's how i've been conditioned. I've done everything there is to do sexually when drunk, but when sober, I haven't even kissed a girl. Sad huh.

Tearing my hair out here, and just wanted to sound off a bit.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MightyMung View Post
I'm now also backed into a corner where I physically can't initiate contact/intimacy without being drunk/tipsy since that's how i've been conditioned. I've done everything there is to do sexually when drunk. Sad huh.
Same here. I mean, I've had 2 long-term relationships (lasting longer than a year), so I have had a few sober.... sessions. But I don't really count those because they were.... routine? Lol.

It's gonna be weird going down that rabbit hole again.

But then again, it's kind of exciting. I'll get to feel genuine sparks as opposed to lust.

Anyway, don't let some random chick screw up your sobriety. If she doesn't like you sober then she can kick rocks tbh.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi MightyMung... I met my husband when I was drunk and if it hadn't have been for the alcohol then nothing would have happened - that's a fact. For the next couple of years after that I continued to be drunk most times I was with him - drunk or hungover, anyway. Eventually he started getting concerned about my drinking and he hated it, really hated it. He now tells me that if I hadn't have stopped drinking, there would have been a day when he couldn't take it any longer... he would have had to have left me for his sanity.

The only good thing to ever come out of my drinking was that I met him. But I would have lost him because of it, too, if I hadn't have stopped.

If you feel as though drinking is a good idea because it will give you courage, etc, think of it like this: you won't be able to carry on doing that forever. She won't put up with it forever.

Hope it goes well... have confidence in yourself. She obviously really likes you, remember that!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi MM. I remember your post a while back and your desire to stop :>

Had she been drinking too?

You sound great sober and are probably great tipsy too - makes us feel invincible (seen the ad with the super hero?). But as I said from your previous posts, you sound like you want all this to stop.

Just be you and see what happens - "it's" not that scary :>

Other than that, I could give you some free French lessons ;>

Good luck.