Notices

To Be Honest I Can't Sleep At Night

Old 10-01-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To Be Honest I Can't Sleep At Night

It gets later I get scared. I did all I could do today. My suggestion is not to go to war or be a drunk. I really need a laugh. Who has a good joke. I'm still a guy/
Old 10-01-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Need a laugh? First time I heard this it made me chuckle and I'm not normally one to do that.

There is this guy who walks into a bar and notices a man 12 inches tall playing the piano. He asks what it is all about and the barman tells him he'll tell him later.

So he asks the barman for a drink and the barman says,
'Before you get your drink you get to rub the magic beer bottle and make a wish.'

'OK,' says the guy.

He goes to the bottle and rubs it and, boom, out comes a genie, who says,
'You have one wish.'

The man thinks about it and then wishes for a million bucks. A cloud of smoke fills the room and when the smoke clears there are a million ducks crowding the bar.

He tells the barman,
'Hey, I didn't want a million ducks.'

The barman replies, 'You think I wanted a 12-inch pianist?'

Hope it at least made you feel a little better! Things will look up for us from here! As for the sleep thing do you watch any TV shows a lot? I've started to try and name a character for every letter of the alphabet from Lost, there are so many I normally end up falling asleep somewhere in the middle. Some nights my brain just won't shut off but this can be a good trick
Old 10-01-2012, 10:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have a problem with night too Fitz. Seems as when I get tired and let my guard down that's when they come. But I still think it's better then trying to block them out with the booze. I really do wish they'd leave me alone. I leave the lights on so whenever I wake up I can tell they're not real.

But I'm still happy to have done my part.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know what it's like Fitz when 40 years ago seems more real than today...but you're heading in the right direction...

none deserves to live in pain Fitz...keep working at it....if your current counsellors not helping, can you find another?

You have a lot of people here who have your back

D
Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey its ok I have you guys.gals. Councelor is ok just a jarhead. Going to watch a movie can sleep when its light.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I am up to buddy..

A man dies and is at the gates in heaven...

He is greeted by an angel and the angel say's I am going to show you 3 rooms which you can choose one where you would like to spend your time socializing..

They go by the first room... And its very drab and people are just sitting and laying around some watching tv, others just stareing of into space.. Just like the old folks home..

The second is much more active and at first glance it seems alright. But as they watch its a bar like scene but everyone is arguing and fighting among each other..

The thrid is a room full of men and women most sitting and talking. As the smoke clears they watch them laughing and drinking coffee. And the gentelmen notice's just a nice serene feeling going on there...

So they are done and the angel says which room would you like to have...

He says well the first was so dull and boring it was just like I pictured wasting away in a home in..

And the second I lived that party life once before and I sure dont want to spend my enterinty doing that..

But that third room look very intresting I would like to know who they are he asked.

And the angel said , I have been asking them that for years , but they wont give me any names. They claim to be anonymous

A llittle AA humor at 3:30 in the morning..
Old 10-02-2012, 01:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your lights out so it looks like you are finally asleep, or at least resting Fitz :> good.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I can't sleep either!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

After twelve years of therapy my psychiatrist said something that brought tears to my eyes. He said, 'No hablo ingles.'