Notices

Scared of failure

Old 10-01-2012, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EAE

Scared of failure

I've said this before in another thread, but I applied for reenrollment at the university that I left 4 years ago. I obsess over being accepted again, and I don't know what I'll do if I'm not. In a required essay, I wrote about what has changed since 2008, but I don't know if it will be enough to persuade them. I don't think I withdrew from my classes -- I just left. Not only that, but I've tried to take classes at a community college here, but the same thing happens over and over again. This time feels VERY different (I've never been this determined), but I'm scared I will fall into the same trap later on. Should I accept their offer if they say yes, or wait a little longer? I'm 23 years old, and 23 days sober. The anxiety is killing me. I feel like I'm wasting my life.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Perhaps waiting till you get more settled with sobriety till you make any big changes. Early days are very much an anxious time why add to it surely the great work you've done to be 24 days sober should be your focus. Perhaps we all need to walk before we can run?
Regards John.