Notices

Positive changes already?

Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Positive changes already?

So on day 12...2 days shy of a week, woo hoo!!! I was thinking today on my long morning drive about how things seem to be turning around already or maybe I am just getting clear enough to see opportunities? On Friday I found out that I made my numbers for quality (exceeded the agency expectations actually ) which means I will be getting the promotion I am up for in October! I worked really hard to obtain this and despite my downward spiral of drinking (which I know started to affect my work) I pulled it off and feel really really good about that. Then, a friend of mine told me there is an opening for part time work which pays well and is something I really think I'd enjoy. (Will also keep me busy and it's helping others which I believe is a key component in my recovery). THEN, another friend told me about a college in my area that has a weekend program for professionals which makes it finally doable to complete my 2nd masters! It's like all these things I have been wanting to do do better my life and myself are just "popping up". In all likelihood they were there before but I was too bust getting numb to talk to anyone about them and find out about these opportunities. All of this new information only confirms my decision to stay sober and continue on a positive path
Old 09-30-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I meant two weeks hehe
Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's awesome quitfor me!!!! Congratulations on the promotion! I wish you all the best in your sobriety. Life really is wonderful, isn't it?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's great, quitforme! Funny how after one gets sober everything else just seems to fall into place. You are living the life you deserve!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sweet quitforme!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Really is funny shine...I've heard that before but never really believed it. All the other times I got sober the only thing I changed was to not drinking. Embracing a whole new attitude, having faith that I'm where I'm supposed to be and reaching out to other alcoholics in aa & sr has made a world of difference!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Quitforme - I totally agree about feeling that there are more opportunities in a sober life! I just posted about my own feeling of having more choices, I feel there is 'more space inside my head'. When the alcoholic fog lifts, you can see more clearly AND you've got more energy and incentives to follow through. Congratulations on the promotion.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitforme79 View Post
Really is funny shine...I've heard that before but never really believed it. All the other times I got sober the only thing I changed was to not drinking. Embracing a whole new attitude, having faith that I'm where I'm supposed to be and reaching out to other alcoholics in aa & sr has made a world of difference!
It was a more than just putting down the drink for me too Quit....I needed change....I think you're in a good place...Keep it up...It only gets better!