Notices

I read with dismay

Old 09-29-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I read with dismay

At the help some people get from this site and others with poor litrasy get pushed to the way side the better your story's the more your helped
It really concerns me that the people who really need help arnt listened to or are shuned my the majority of over educated loners who creat an addiction in there mind to satisfy some weird need to look down on the people who are in trouble

Not all by eny means but meny
Old 09-29-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've always tried to respond to your posts Jazz - but I have to admit I can't spread myself around as much as I used to, these days - the sites just gotten so much bigger...

Try not to take it personally...I'm sure it's not
Some forums are simply quieter than others.

D
Old 09-29-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry, Jazz.
I've felt ignored sometimes, too. The fact is that there are many of us looking for help and advice and sometimes our posts end up so far down the list that few people see them. I've never know the problem to be about literacy, spelling, grammer or anything else.
It isn't personal. We're all friends here! At least that's how I feel.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know that a lot of times, I just hit "new posts" and miss some that aren't as "new". I try to remember to go into the various forums, but as ((Dee)) mentioned, SR is getting bigger by the day.

I'm sorry you feel slighted

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Imperfect please
You have never replayed to me pozativ or if atall
Old 09-29-2012, 09:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Impurrfect spends hours here every day Jazz. Knock it off.

This is not a place to call people out or grind axes.
It's not a great advertisement for yourself either.

You're better than this.

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
D
Old 09-29-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If this were any of the other forums I was a member of, I'd have a few cents to share. But as Dee posted, there are specific rules.

So jazz, all I can say is, there's good here, just a lot of people posting all at the same time, and you might have to be patient. There are meetings in your area where you can get some face to face attention. Also, there are chat sessions here.

G'luck.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry dee
Old 09-29-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Jazz, there are so many threads and posts it's impossible to respond to most of them. I think people tend to respond to stories that they can relate to-maybe something jumps out at them that sounds familiar. I really don't think it's about the writing style or spelling.

To say that you think people are making up addictions in their minds to look down on others suggests that you are not reading many posts. No one wants to be addicted that arrives here at SR. We're all here for the same reason, a desire to end the madness. I think it's safe to say we would rather not have to be here but are glad for the help and support that's available.

Are you struggling with something in particular that you feel was ignored?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am pretty new here still, but I have been astonished by how many replies there are to people's posts! Jazz if you feel ignored, just bear in mind that the posts move fast. I wouldn't take it personally. Also, the other day someone posted "I need to talk... can someone meet me in the chat room?" And right away like 10 people jumped into the chat room! I thought that was awesome.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This makes me sad, I'm here if you need a friend. I'm newly sober but I'm a great listener.

This site amazes me with it's amount of love and response, i'm sorry if you didn't get a response. There are wonderful people in here just like yourself Don't give up on us just yet.