Notices

Happy Saturday ...

Old 09-29-2012, 03:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Happy Saturday ...

Good morning

I wish everyone a nice peaceful day.

For liquor used to be my friend, more than that my best friend. I need to have that friend always , each day for each emotion. And I sure did have great times with the bottle in hand . Absolutly everyone I was with or if I was alone I had a blast with the bottle. Wondering from place to place meeting people and taking hostestages(girlfriends). But somewhere during this time that bottle slowly turned on me and became my enemy. I know it creeped in and didnt happen over night. Slowly started to get in trouble with one dui, and years later another, and finally yet another. And over these years I started to loose jobs and it became harder and harder to keep one. And then to get able to try to go find employment anymore. I could not hold my body together to have interviews . The shaking was to fierce.

But thankfully I dont live that way anymore , I learned that the bottle is my largest enemy. And threw my Higher Power, AA, and SR I know live happily in this sober state. I do realize today that nothing and I mean nothing is more important then my sobriety and program. If I dont have that I truly cant have anything that I would want. So I practice everyday in being teachable and try my best to have my hand out for the fellow person that suffers. Together is the key to sobriety in my eyes. And I hope everyone can find some peace and find the place where we lose the compulsion of drink. I cant describe how nice that feels to not want the drink anymore. Sure sometimes I think about it and I know many things will come up that I will catch myself saying wow a drink sure would be nice. But I have learned and have a defense from that awful life that the one drink will take me to again.

Thanks as always and keep posting.

And remember to Smile cause Sobriety looks good on YOU

Good love, Inda
Old 09-29-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Indy, Thank you for this post. Great way to start my Saturday! =))
Old 09-29-2012, 03:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. Happy Saturday to you too. I love reading your posts -you are very helpful and inspirational.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

After reading your post, I picked up on
the word hostages. Except my hostages
were men. Before, during and
after alcohol. Lots of dishonesty there.

Today I live an honest life and wouldnt
trade it for nothing in the world.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Really enjoyed reading your reflections and thoughts this morning. Thanks for sharing. I always love learning aabout how you turned your life around, banished the enemy, and embraced new friends.

It is nice to consider you a friend on this board. :-)
Old 09-29-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh yes, the morning shakes. I remember carrying a tray with coffee on a saucer and it was rattling so badly from my hand I thought I was going to drop it. ACK! And trying to sign for my freight or make a prep list? Next to impossible. Thank you for reminding blondie here how wonderful the simple pleasure of steady hands is - what a blessing. I thank my higher power, my tenacity, and you, sweet friend, for another simply sober day. Off to wield my MAC knife and create the daily special which will be made in your honor, Chef! Happy, soberlicious Saturday my precious, slip resistant friend!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I really need to use the spell check, I type to fast sometimes lol....

Thank you all..

@ change4good thank you for your post. I love all the new friends here and glad you are one of them also..

@T please let me know what you made for today's special..
Old 09-29-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The Special of the Day is pulled bbq pork ( had to be pork for Symon and all on toasted gourmet bun; baked beans and raisin studded cole slaw. All from scratch and so yummy! Big seller! Thanks for the inspiration!! Now the fact that I dirtied near every dish in the kitchen is another matter!
Old 09-29-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yuppers you got that right, meat , meat, and more meat for Symon.. We love bacon.. And anyone that has brought french fries confit to the masses cant go wrong.:rotfxko

Love it. And thank you for being you....

Good love , Inda