Notices

Need support please

Old 09-28-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Although I am no Doctor but to me it sounds like your body and mind are detoxing from alcohol. I know it took months before my body and mind returned to something like normal. It is very difficult to determine if anything else is wrong until the poison is cleared from your system. I had an old timer in AA tell me that no has ever died from a lack of sleep but millions have died because of alcohol.

I will say that very very few people can stay sober on there own and what is needed is some type of recovery plan. For me I tried everything I could think of and spent thousands of dollars failing. In the end AA is the only thing that worked for me and continues to work one day at a time.

One suggestion, go to a counselor/doctor that has specific experience in addiction. I have always been amazed at how little the medical community knows about addiction and you can get some very bad advice from professionals who are not educated in the appropriate treatment methods.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
One suggestion, go to a counselor/doctor that has specific experience in addiction. I have always been amazed at how little the medical community knows about addiction and you can get some very bad advice from professionals who are not educated in the appropriate treatment methods.
This is a real good point.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Last time I believe it took me about a month to beat anxiety similar to this one but not as strong as this one.
I don't mind not sleeping much but agonizing in bed feeling like you going to pass out any minute is scary at the very least when you have wife and daughter. Wonder why I never could stop on my drink with that thought. You only realize how much you want to leave when you come to this kind of experience.

Did anyone of you experience chills and cold sweat?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sup3r1or View Post
Did anyone of you experience chills and cold sweat?
Yeah...Any time I couldn't get my hands on alcohol....I detoxed under medical supervision with proper medication...I wasn't going to play around with that...I had no insurance and it cost me 1800 hundred bucks for 5 days....I think my life is worth that.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Last time I believe it took me about a month to beat anxiety similar to this one but not as strong as this one.
(
This is the progressive nature of alcoholism. It keeps getting worse. What was true yesterday is not true today.

I accidentally withdrew and it was horrible. Sicker than I have ever been. I was too stupid to realize I should have been in a hospital because I could have died.

I was in such denial I could not imagine what was wrong. When I finally did get to a hospital I told the doctor the truth about my drinking and he looked at me like, "You dumb $hit." He told me I had experienced Alcohol withdrawal and of course I did not want to believe him but in my heart I knew he was right.

The next day as soon as my wife left for work I went right out and drank another fifth. It was that day I could not lie to myself any more and I knew I had to quit.

With the help of AA, God, and other alcoholics I am sober 3yrs and 2 months
Old 09-29-2012, 01:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well, today I though I had a better sleep. Had no chills and sweat most of the night. However still had a very disturb sleep woke up every hour or so. Another weird thing is I feel like I'am not sleeping but having a nap and I can feel a lot of thoughts in my head non stop.

Now for the worst part at around 4am started feeling weird sensation in abdomen lower part. I think later my brain picked it up, I got up feeling dizzy like hell, having chills, diarrhea, urge to vomit. Spent rest of the time till 11am in bed feeling like this.

Popped at docs today he said stay away from drinking it will pass, anxiety. Was given xanax 5 pills, will be my last resort only. He can see that I looked knackered from lack of sleep, i know I will have straight to beat it if I sleep at least one night.
I will keep trying for now without xanax.

Now I'am at 3pm not having any chills or pains (apart form under left ribs) but I'am incredibly dizzy and having a hard time to concentrate.

Anyone know AA groups are they free or you need to pay a fee to attend?
Old 09-29-2012, 01:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Anyone know AA groups are they free or you need to pay a fee to attend?
Free

Glad you're doing ok
Old 09-29-2012, 11:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Decided to give a quick update, recently I have touched upon Valerian Root and I gave it a try yesterday night. You can either have it as a pill or open it and put in hot water as I did. Felt a bit woozy, at first so when I went to bed I started yawning even though I was high with anxiety all day. Decided to combine it with breathing exercise and muscle tension exercise. My god did I feel relaxed, to the point I couldnt even continue, waves of relaxations after tension, simply amazing. I had a much better sleep than before instead of waking up every 1 hour I did every 2 or even 3, then back asleep within 5 mins. Still had this weird uncontrollable thoughts in head but they seemed more like dreams rather than just thoughts. No chills or cold sweats!

Not sure if that was because I was too tired or because of the root. Today feel much better, still have shaky hands and a bit dizzy but nowhere near yesterdays level. Hope it will last, now I can think a bit more positive

Though I had pretty bad lower abdomen pain and liquid stool but that could have easily been KFC I ate yesterday
Old 09-29-2012, 11:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

gld you slept better. things usually settledown for me about week 2-3 then the quality of sleep is just amazing!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

how long did people experience a feeling of nausea or vommiting ? even I take medicine it seems to be here. Hungry but afraid to eat
Old 09-30-2012, 12:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

how long did people experience a feeling of nausea or vommiting ? even I take medicine it seems to be here. Hungry but afraid to eat
Eating a little something may help the nausea go away? Idk
Old 09-30-2012, 12:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was never nauseous beyond day 1 but everyone's different...see a Dr again if you're concerned, sup3r1or.

Here's a thread of some of our detox experiences and what we did

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html