Notices

Check in

Old 09-26-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Check in

Hi friends. Managing a stretch of sober days, then falling down.

I haven't posted, because I didn't want to divert the light from people who are making great strides. I don't want to be a distraction. Reading about people's experiences in early recovery, and those who have 30+ days is an amazing source of inspiration.

I am not a member of those ranks right now. My external life is intact, and surprisingly flourishing. My internal life is a mess. I remind myself daily of a powerful message I read on this board. A functional alcoholic is a myth. An oxymoron.

I am glad this forum exists, and I hope to start a thread with a different message tomorrow. I am thankful for the folks who have invested time in walking with me on this journey, offering advice and support. I haven't reciprocated lately, and just want you to know that I follow your progress and relapses, and send good thoughts.

Good night all.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome change.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Beth, we are here to support you through all of this, both the ups and the downs.

I have always had faith in you and continue to believe that you can do this.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DAB

You can do it Change4good!
Reading the posts here is a good start.
You are moving in the right direction, we are all hear to give you any support we can.
Best wishes to you.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You should post, we are all here to help when we can, and you may inspire others who have relapsed to get back on track. Recovery is not about perfection
Old 09-26-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Change, if I remember correctly, you and I have had a few sober stretches together (around the same time). I think this board is about our struggles finding our way as much as it is about our successes. We learn each step of the way and learn and gain support and insight from others in various parts of their journey. Take what you can from each stretch of sobriety and never give up.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Beth, we are here to support you through all of this, both the ups and the downs.

I have always had faith in you and continue to believe that you can do this.
Anna,

I am not Beth, but I hope she reads this and appreciates your support. And I will be presumptuous and assume you believe in me as well. :-)

C
Old 09-26-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Change, if I remember correctly, you and I have had a few sober stretches together (around the same time). I think this board is about our struggles finding our way as much as it is about our successes. We learn each step of the way and learn and gain support and insight from others in various parts of their journey. Take what you can from each stretch of sobriety and never give up.
You do remember correctly. It was nice to hear from you, and thanks for the post.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You joined this site 3 days after I did C4G....But I was 5 months sober when I joined....I'm still pulling for you...Don't be a stranger!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't be too hard on us mods when we mix up names C4G - we have to read literally thousands of posts a day and remember literally hundreds of members

I believe SR is just as much for those struggling as is it is for those doing well - maybe even moreso.

SR - the community here - stopped me from drinking many times.

I'm sorry you're still struggling.

Give us the chance to help you, and to be helped - I'd post here more often, not less

D
Old 09-26-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Change4good View Post

I haven't posted, because I didn't want to divert the light from people who are making great strides. I don't want to be a distraction. Reading about people's experiences in early recovery, and those who have 30+ days is an amazing source of inspiration.

I am not a member of those ranks right now. My external life is intact, and surprisingly flourishing. My internal life is a mess. I remind myself daily of a powerful message I read on this board. A functional alcoholic is a myth. An oxymoron.

I am glad this forum exists, and I hope to start a thread with a different message tomorrow. I am thankful for the folks who have invested time in walking with me on this journey, offering advice and support. I haven't reciprocated lately, and just want you to know that I follow your progress and relapses, and send good thoughts.

Good night all.
ah, your not alone change..
Old 09-26-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

and unlike a tree...If WE fall down we can stand back up.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Don't be too hard on us mods when we mix up names C4G - we have to read literally thousands of posts a day and remember literally hundreds of members

I believe SR is just as much for those struggling as is it is for those doing well - maybe even moreso.

SR - the community here - stopped me from drinking many times.

I'm sorry you're still struggling.

Give us the chance to help you, and to be helped - I'd post here more often, not less

D
I didn't mean to insult Anna, and I promise there was no snark in my post. I would never "be hard on the mods." Beyond keeping this site alive and well, you, Anna, et al. provide us lots of wisdom.

And thanks for the encouragement to post more. I just hate the idea of being a broken record. Nobody wants to hear that.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

We're all in this together.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would have been the brokenest record here had I joined in 2002 and not 2007

so...actually I do want to hear broken records...as long as you're ok with me, or others, giving you some feedback on what else you can do

I want to see you, and everyone, beat this thing C4G
D
Old 09-26-2012, 09:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Change4good View Post

Good night all.
Your posts here will not darken the successes of those have made an important change in their lives. If anything, you are giving some here the opportunity to give back to the SR community by sharing more about your struggle.

Your life may feel like a broken record, but to those who have been there, they understand all too well how most of us have come back to the same conclusion - - I must make a change - - again and again before they are able to take those first steps.

I wish you luck!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I would have been the brokenest record here had I joined in 2002 and not 2007

so...actually I do want to hear broken records...as long as you're ok with me, or others, giving you some feedback on what else you can do

I want to see you, and everyone, beat this thing C4G
D
I am more than okay with that. I know this is something I can do.

It has gotten to the point where my hands tremble a bit after work, and that scares the hell out of me.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Morning Change

I'm on day 3 so am feeling and sounding pretty much like a stuck record myself! Please post, you do sound worried. It's been my experience that the more you stay away, the more difficult it is to get back on track. This is your recovery, so you post when you want I say.

Take care and don't be a stranger x