Notices

messed up!

Old 09-26-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

messed up!

so i got to day 6 and drank feel so bad about myself, thats it all i have to say
Old 09-26-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Get back on the horse and try again. No one ever said it would be easy.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't feel bad about it. Try and learn from it. You're not the first one and you won't be the last. What are you doing for your recovery?....Can you add to it?....Make it stronger?...What led up to you picking up?....Could you have prevented it? Try and play it through in your mind and start moving forward again.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sorry you're having a rough time. but the best thing you can do is pick yourself up and get back on the sobriety horse. can you think about what triggered you? Keep posting on here, and read others who have slipped but managed to get sober again. you can do it too.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is easy for a non alcohaulic to read something like this and think..."how, why" but I feel you. I swore off drinking after my wife found me across the street at 2:30 AM and I still didn't come home until 3:30am. I was so sure that I would never drink again. Well... Last night (only 3 nights later) I talked myself into it! Freeking stupid!!!! I wake up the next day and can't understand how I did it. The truth is in this quote from MIRecovery "The alcoholic views themselves through the eyes of their intentions while the world views the alcoholic through the eyes of their actions"
Only an alcohaulic knows what we battle on our mind.
This time I am getting a sponsor and making a commitment to one day at a time. I will work the 12 steps and pray I never drink again.
Hang in their! At least you are disappointed. That means you still want to be sober. PM if you need me my friend.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's a smart move Lyingdog....This is from The Doctors Opinion.

Men and women drink essentially because they like the effect produced by alcohol. The sensation is so elusive that, while they admit it is injurious, they cannot after a time differentiate the true from the false. To them, their alcoholic life seems the only normal one. They are restless, irritable and discontented, unless they can again experience the sense of ease and comfort which comes at once by taking a few drinks-drinks which they see others taking with impunity. After they have succumbed to the desire again, as so many do, and the phenomenon of craving develops, they pass through the well-known stages of a spree, emerging remorseful, with a firm resolution not to drink again. This is repeated over and over, and unless this person can experience an entire psychic change there is very little hope of his recovery.

On the other hand-and strange as this may seem to those who do not understand-once a psychic change has occurred, the very same person who seemed doomed, who had so many problems he despaired of ever solving them, suddenly finds himself easily able to control his desire for alcohol, the only effort necessary being that required to follow a few simple rules.

A few simple rules....The steps.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you can learn from this and move on.

Forgive yourself and know that you don't need to make this mistake again.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I did the exact same thing inkcarcerated! It feels awful but the plus side is that you did 6 days sober and you can do it again, just be aware of any stumbling blocks. Do you know why you drank? x
Old 09-26-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

many of us faltered Ink...it's hard to change our lives.
Have you got any ideas of what you can add now to what you've been doing for your recovery?

D
Old 09-26-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

pull out some good from this and try to understand why you faltered. what led you to drink and don't settle for "i don't know. i just did." there's always a reason. habit, boredom, frustration...then come up with a plan for how you're going to deal with that in the future. don't just say "well next time i won't drink." what are you going to do instead of drink? add something to your plan, don't just take away the drinking. that leaves a void. you MUST fill that void! if you don't, you're more likely to fill it with alcohol. keep trying. you only fail when you quit trying. you can do this!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Don't give up. you never know when it will all just "click" and you will be on your way. Learn from every setback and just keep going.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Ink. I agree with the others - don't be down on yourself, just start over with even more determination. It's been a way of life for so long - it's almost impossible to get it right the first time. We know you can do it - let's try this again.