Notices

Want so bad to get clean

Old 09-25-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Want so bad to get clean

I am 45 years old and have been addicted to heroin for six months. I have been using approximately 1/2 gram a day and am wanting to get clean. I have to do it myself because i have no insurance to help me. I have tried every agency in my area to get help to no avail. I'm in desperate need of advice on how to get through detox considering that I work and can't miss work or i will lose my job. PLEASE HELP!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome desperate - I have no experience with heroin but others will be along.

Have you considered a recovery group for more support - something like NA, or a non 12 step alternative like SMART?

you might also like to check out our substance abuse forum as well
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

glad to have you here - you're not alone...you can get through this

D
Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm just getting started, but I have never wanted anything more in my life than to be sober right now....I'm really scared. It's hard to give up something that hasn't let you down. I'm only six months into this addiction, but it is killing me inside and out. I live a lie EVERYDAY and I think the shame is worse than any withdrawal that I could possibly go through.

I just need a little advice on what I can do because I work and can't afford to miss work. I'm trying to get advice on how, if at all, that would be possible.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wish that going to a physician was a doable thing, but it isn't. I lack insurance and have called every agency in my area for help. I'm really scared because I can't be away from work for very long and I don't know if I will be able to work when I''m there. This has just gotten way outta hand and I want to be sober so bad!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Call the NA number in Covington, there will be help there.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 09-26-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your are Awesome!

You are Awesome. The fact that you want to stop is a great step! To answer your question: if I were you, I would begin the stopping process on my own & then once the symptoms began to get really bad, I would either call an ambulance or get someone to take me to the ER. Hospitals in the US are not allowed to turn you away. They will have to treat you when you are really sick. You will be responsible for the charges down the road but depending on your income, you may qualify for assistance.

I truly wish you the best of luck & I encourage you to move forward with stopping while you have the urge to do so.