Notices

day 4 hit a wall today

Old 09-25-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 4 hit a wall today

I was feeling so positive and excited about being sober. I'm only on day 4 and today was tough. I had a very stressful day. Just regular life stuff, work, kids, bills, money. It all just came crashing in on me. I'm not used to dealing with these things without alcohol. I get stressed and the first thing I think is I Need a drink. But I'm not going to give in. I know my emotions will be out of whack for awhile. I've dealt with addiction before and I know how long it can take to feel normal. I'm just going to keep reading and posting on here and hopefully tomorrow I will feel like putting more of my plan into action. Today I just don't have it in me. Sorry, I'm venting again. Thanks for listening.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there ca! It's a week for me and I have been having many ups and downs too...I am just trying to stay positive and focused by reading here, listening to uplifting music, talking w close friends about good things to come....we can do this ((hugs))
Old 09-25-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, quitforme! This isn't easy but I know we can do it. It is huge that I didn't drink today with all that went wrong. I made it another day and that gives me hope. Thanks for your encouragement.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

The first week or two can feel pretty rocky. Keep it simple and be really patient with yourself, let some things go if you can. I didn't cook or clean for a couple weeks.... I figured it would be easier to stay sober if I wasn't stressing over everything.

A good night's sleep always helps, too. Hang in there!