Notices

Psycho Mum Alert

Old 09-24-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Psycho Mum Alert

Need to share with you all,

I collect the children from the bus, arrive home and husband is home as usual, he's sorted the dog out, and then help start the children off with their home work, while I start cooking tea and and sort pack lunches.

Sounds all fine, yep, typical family home at tea time until the tele is blaring loud and he's only laid up on the sofa watching the flaming golf, the children keep asking me questions and start rowing my head still in the AA meeting I went to this afternoon and am still trying to cook tea........ I can feel my self boiling, slam, bang, chuck, throw everything I pick up, my daughter hanging on me saying "do what you tell me mum, breathe 1,2,3" my son giggling at my rage and then for my husband to walk and yell YOU GOT ISSUES!!!

I slammed the back door and sat out the garden. That was two and half hours ago and I'm still not speaking to him.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Men! (sorry, guys )
Old 09-24-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Love being a man! Lol
Old 09-24-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's never easy to get equally shared duties at home regarding parenting and house-keeping. Maybe you two can talk about your disagreement when you go back in and try to set some ground rules for help around the house.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

oh dear. well, we're not saints just because we stop drinking!
Let yourself cool down a bit.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dorris View Post

You're doing fine. Before that probably would have been a drink, then a drunk. That is the right direction and as you do this AA stuff your reactions will get better. Progress not perfection.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You'll live and so will he ! Hopefully !!
John.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dorris View Post

I collect the children from the bus, arrive home and husband is home as usual, he's sorted the dog out, and then help start the children off with their home work, while I start cooking tea and and sort pack lunches.

Sounds all fine, yep, typical family home at tea time until the tele is blaring loud and he's only laid up on the sofa watching the flaming golf, the children keep asking me questions and start rowing my head still in the AA meeting I went to this afternoon and am still trying to cook tea........ I can feel my self boiling, slam, bang, chuck, throw everything I pick up, my daughter hanging on me saying "do what you tell me mum, breathe 1,2,3" my son giggling at my rage and then for my husband to walk and yell YOU GOT ISSUES!!!

I slammed the back door and sat out the garden. That was two and half hours ago and I'm still not speaking to him.

Ugh! I would have had a meltdown. I don't know how you angels with children do this. I can't even be nice to one person most of the time. let alone children!?
I think you've done the best thing you can do by escaping to the garden. Tell your husband to step up and take some responsibility. Stay as long as you like. After all, if you could do it AND be drunk, he should be able to handle a day here and a day there. I do hate stereotyping... but my dad was the same way and I consider him a fair man. He and my mom left at the same time for work, came home at the same time and then he'd be annoyed if he couldn't do what he wanted to do with the rest of his day. I do believe that even the most progressive of families instills this odd "you deserve more" mentality into men. My poor mother was at the end of her rope. By the time we were grown she had no idea who she was anymore. But she had one GREAT friend... and we all know her name. Alco Hol.