Notices

Step one

Old 09-24-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rebmeM

Step one

I was a social drinker in college, but would get really drunk. Ive done stupid things while drunk, and spend the next day coping with the anxiety of my poor choices.
I have been working a job for the last year that has me on the road 3 weeks a month. I'm always in hotels, and eating out. My drinking has gotten out of control over the past few months, and I have reached a breaking point. I have driven drunk several times recently, and made a horses a.. of myself. Enough is enough. I never saw myself as an alcoholic, but I am. My relationship with alcohol has been a terrible one, and it's time to take responsibility, and realize that if I don't stop, something bad IS going to happen.
Today is day one. I have taken the day off work to get my head together. I have been looking at this site, and watching videos of people's progress. Trying to find inspiration. I am scared of failure, but know that's wasted energy. Every second that ticks by is one more little step toward sobriety. One second at a time.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Telco.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, don't be scared of failure - what's the worst that can happen? you start again, far scarier to keep drinking. There's a September thread you can join so you can interact with those at a similar stage to you, good luck and keep posting,

x
Old 09-24-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome aboard fellow Ohioian

I was a failure at being a social drinker also... When anyone said I will have another I always said "So Shall I ".

Progression is the thing, it became all day everyday to just get by.

I am a proud member of AA , and it has givin me life..
Old 09-24-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR

Don't be afraid of failure. Believe that you will succeed, no matter what, and you will. Never let anyone (including yourself) tell you otherwise.

Wishing you all the best and I hope you stick around. Congratulations on making this decision - your life can really change so much for the better from today onwards
Old 09-24-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR.

I love being a member of AA.

You sound so positive. Keep it up and life just gets better and better.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Another sober ohioan here. I have been sober 4 + years thanks to AA. The nice thing about AA is that it is just about everywhere and you can find meeting schedules on lines. Perfect for someone who travels so frequently. You can basically have a support group everywhere you go.
Best wishes to you!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

SR has been a lifeline for me for many years and I'm sure you will find lots of support here.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
rebmeM

Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement. I have a feeling I will need them in the coming days, weeks, months, and years. I am trying to keep my head up, and prepare myself for the road ahead. I have known I needed to stop, but wasn't convinced I had a problem. I do. I'm an alcoholic, and want a better life.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Telco

This place helped me urn my life around - I know we can help you too.

Admitting our problem is a great step forward - now you have to decide what to do about it

D