Notices

Struggling but still sober

Old 09-22-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling but still sober

Well I have been pretty emotional everyday but on day 4 now and a lot seems to be coming to the surface already. Anger, sadness, shame...I feel it like a tight knot in the center of my chest. I had gone for a long drive to get out of the house because I was tired and lonely and I knew that's a recipe for disaster. Halfway back home I started getting that tingling feeling in my throat which is what happens to me when I am craving a drink. So odd how it just takes over my body. It took all that I had to pass the liquor store which is on my block. BUT, I did PASS it so for that I am grateful and proud. I couldn't wait to get home and post because it just makes me feel better to share and reach out. For the rest of the night I will be watching movies and stuffing my face and I really am not concerned about calories for today haha I realized anyway that I barely ate a thing even though I went food shopping. Kind of still waking up in these early days of sobriety. I also keep thinking of my peeps who stayed past detox to do a 30 day rehab. I want to be able to be there for them when they get out as we exchanged numbers and want to do AA meetings together. I told them I would scope out areas for the good ones. For now that is my service and it is really helping me stay sober. Whatever it takes right?
Old 09-22-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi quitforme
Well done on day 4 and especially passing that store.
If you intend to join AA when your friends finish rehab why not go it alone until then, nothing to lose and everything to gain. A little extra support from AA and SR. Working for me so far.
Stay strong!
Old 09-22-2012, 05:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very very well done. That was a major temptation you fought off. You should be proud of yourself.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys and nicky I have been going since I got out of detox yesterday...going everyday since I drank everyday and it definitely does help. Hoping to find a sponser within the next couple of days.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I am here in support for ya! Sorry you are struggling. We all do, some of us have to try a few times more than others but we can do this. You can do this too. Stay posting and reading. If you need anything just ask. I had a million questions when I first got here.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on day 4 quit

D
Old 09-22-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go on getting through Day 4!

And, it's good to know that you're concerned about your rehab buddies.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Awesome quit! On your four days and your coming here to share the craving and how you handled it. I am really glad that SR is part of your recovery, this is where we come for the good stuff!

I laughed when I read about you not counting calories today. I'm having some nerves because I start a new job tomorrow, and as I ate some cookies I told myself to day was NOT one to nit pick over a few calories. But it's a great day to come here and read about recovery.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for your support Itchy Dee and Anna I am sure I will be asking a lot of questions as time goes on. I am also hoping that the journey gets easier with time which of course now seems to be slower than ever. I accept that as just part of the process.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yup threshold...eat your cookies and I will eat my chips and dip haha Good luck on your first day tomorrow