Notices

Drinking again :/

Old 09-22-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Meso - there's some great advice here.

I used to think people were against me too - they weren't ...I was just living my old drinkers life, sober, but still living that drinkers life.

Drinking permeated every fibre of that life - it's not at all surprising I came up against drink, free drinks, and drinkers.

When I finally decided to quit for real, I knew I had to make big lifestyle changes. It was hard at the time but I don't regret it now.

Welcome to SR too, anthonym

D
Old 09-22-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Meso,
I bought a restaurant a year to the day I was sober. There is no alcohol served at the restaurant but people can BYO.
There is no way I could be doing what I am doing if I was drinking. This is my first month open and I am up at 4 am and work non stop. it actually started to trigger feelings of wanting a drink that I hadn't experienced for ages, luckily I have a sponsor who is talking me through and reminding me to slow down and rest. My sobriety is number one.

CaiHong
Old 09-22-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
instant

Meso apart from your business plans, you sound unclear about your relationship with alcohol.

You have not let anyone down- we all have struggled to find our way. I tired all the easy options first. Then I was not left with anything but hard choices.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Meso - I'm glad to see you back and at least talking about your situation. I think you know what needs to happen, based on your past experience. We all care about you - hoping you will make the right decision.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
I'm sorry, I.don't understand your thread.
Are you quitting drinking? Or quitting sobriety?
Or quitting SR because you've decided to keep drinking?
I am truly confused. I am not sure what kind of feedback you are looking for?
I was more just stating it to people that really wanted me to succeed before. I feel I let them down
Old 09-22-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well we all want you to succeed! I am sure you want to succeed too. It sounds like you are torn between feeling you let yourself down by drinking, or not realizing this longheld career idea you have had. I am not going to talk you out of your idea. It would just make you withdraw. But you may decide to broaden your options, if you get sober. Everybody needs a dream. But in the short term, my dream is to sustain sobriety. Because all my other dreams are coming back and they are looking different to me now, sober.

I know a lot of restaurant people find it impossible not to drink or have other addictions when doing hospitality type of work. Although, like you said, there are exceptions. It sounds like something that will require long range planning at any rate. While that is happening, why not work on sobriety?

I say that because once you have continued sobriety, you may be surprised at what you want for your life. And, if you still want an alcohol related business after gaining some sobriety, at least your chances of success will be greater sober. Your judgement and stamina will be dramatically improved sober. And coming back to SR is a good place to begin.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Welcome back meso.

I have to say I noticed that in your threads you often feel people are against you. I always felt no one liked me. So used that as an excuse to absolutely obliterate myself. Both drugs and alcohol. But they didn't. It was my way of hurting myself.

I want you to know that SR for me has been the most incredible collective of people that want nothing more than for all of us to be what we want to be and should be. So stick around this time. No one here is out for you.

It's no joke is right. It takes great humility for anyone of us to come here and admit what we do. What we did. How we treated others.

Your posting also shows humility. But remaining humble before what we cannot change is what's needed. Nothing less will do.

Glad you are back.

K
Well said. I like the tough love here, and the people are great! I do hate feeling like a hypocrite and thats why I don't think I will show up often. I am drinking right now watching some college ball.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

man... you all make me want to quit! Love you all tons... partially the alcohol partially you guys give a rats ass about me quitting. Not sure right now... sorry
Old 09-23-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Recovery folks would love to have a
nice resturant with good food, good
music, good fellowship to go to and
enjoy without the worry of poison being
around to tempt them.

There are folks who love riding motorcycles
to a destination where they can stop in for
a good filling breakfast, lunch or dinner. They
stop for awhile, rest, get their tummies full
before heading out on the open road with the
sun, wind, friends enjoying a sober ride.

That's what Id like. and folks will love you
forever.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I know karate, I know jujitsu, i drive like a gangster when I coming to see you....
Old 09-23-2012, 03:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

K e n n e d y!!