Notices

im still hangin on

Old 09-20-2012, 11:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

im still hangin on

Well, I'm still in alaska and still sober. I'm having a terribly hard tm not drinking because well...that's what I do when I'm stressed. I'm going through the hardest time of my life deaing with the thoughts of divorce. How its going to effect my kids. And also fighting my butt off to stay sober at the same time. I still believe I made the best decison coming to alaska. I know I wouldn't be able to remain sober in that toxic situation. Especially when itseemed like it was my husbands goal to make me fall.

I'm going to see a behavior health therapist on Monday. I hope I can gain more confidence and strength from this entire experience
Old 09-21-2012, 12:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I know how hard it is to stay sober, but you definetly will only grow stronger through all the things your facing now. And staying sober you will be able to look back and be proud of yourself for your growth.

I thank you for posting , please do more when you can..
Old 09-21-2012, 01:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey I just wanna let you know I can completely relate to this. I'm recently separated from my wife too due to alcoholism and a much deeper issue. We have two babies together. 8 month old twins. And I'm trying to start behavioral health therapy next week aswell (possibly Monday too!) I'm new to recovery. 2 weeks ago I had a week sober then relapsed for a week now I'm detoxing and on day 2. Divorce is hard. I hope my marriage can be saved eventually. She agreed to marriage counselling in time. But I'm realizing now that I'm sobering up our recovery needs to remain top priority or we won't be much good to anybody anyway. I'm not sure how much recovery time you have but for me I'm so early in it that I can't think about the what if's or maybe's or I will fail as a father and a husband. I don't have answers. I just wanted to let you know I'm here with you. Things happen for a reason. There is something to what you're going thru right now. Good luck and please hang in there. Alcohol only makes things worse.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You know we all feel your pain. On this site, most of us have struggled through similar things. Keep posting on here, or read the Big Book of AA to know you are not alone. Others have battled this and came out the other side. You can too. Just don't pick up a drink no matter what.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Hrich...It's good to hear from you and I'm glad you're hanging in there. I've been thinking about you and sending prayers. Please keep in touch.....People here care about you. I'm going to put a site that lists meetings in Alaska....Maybe it wouldn't hurt to meet some people in recovery....Have some people to support you...It's up to you....Don't be a stranger!

Anchorage Area Intergroup AAIG - AA Alaska Style
Old 09-21-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I remember your earlier posts about you leaving with the kids. I respected your choices and you made some big ones.

You may or may not see it but you have strength most don't. Not just with drinking. But with life. You saw what was NOT ok and took action.

I am a child of divorce and look how I turned out... Hmmm... Well maybe use a different example.

My point is my mother held it together and gave me hope.

Stay sober. Ya sound great. Good to have ya here.

Ken
Old 09-21-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are sober, but I am sorry it is such a struggle for you. Do your best to stay in the present. Fear and worry are all based in what you think is goign to happen.
I hope you can get to the point where sobriety is something you can enjoy rather than fight for. The 12 steps of AA got me to that point. Maybe AA can help you too.

Best wishes!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck with your therapist hrich - so glad you're hanging in there

D
Old 09-21-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you again, hrich. I keep you in my prayers. Why don't you come join us over on the August 2012 Class thread? There are some really good folks there, and we give each other a lot of support. Whadda ya say? We'd love to have you.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are doing so well. It must be hard but I commend you on your sobriety. Bless you