Notices

As the summer comes to a close....

Old 09-20-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

As the summer comes to a close....

Good Afternoon(or what time it is whever you are)

I had a lot of time and thoughts today as I did some things around the house. I cut the grass for one of the last times, picked the garden and got it ready to be cut back down. Got some of the things for winter out to get prepared for the on-coming white beauty. Preped mom's b-day dinner. Shrimp Scampi with basil-garlic butter sauce, rice pilaf w/orzo, and asparagus with a procossito ribbon and drizzled in aged balsamic..

As I reflected today over the last year, so many things came to mind. So much has happened in me, to me, and around me this year. Since I began this sober journey in June of 2011. 15 months of learning , reading, praying, mediating, and chalk full of AA life. Except for the couple minor slips in my journey I am so truly blessed to be here writting another thread. With a smile on my face and a breeze that flows so gently through the room. The smell of Nag Champa burning just calms all my senses..

I have had my second sober b-day, first founder's day, camping sober, concert sober, several holiday's sober and a couple funerals. All things I could of never imagined doing without alcohol running the show. I have had more sober days in 15 months then I could ever have added up in the 20 some years of my previous life. I look back and from 21 to 39 is like a gaint blurr. I lived in Texas, Colorado, Hawaii, California, and back here to Ohio. In those years. And sometimes it feels like yesterday and other it just feels like it was a dream. Living in the fog state of mind for decades. Full of just chasing the buzz and having fun daily, to daily scratching and clawing to fell "well". To today looking back to remember all the great and sad things in 15 months. It is such a joy to have been able to really live again. They say when you get sober your at the point of when you really began your addiction. That is so true I am only about 20 years old mentally. I have grown alot in one year..

Sorry for the long post, I have not writting in awhile(guess it was built up)LOL. But it is for all to remeber how far we have come and its been great getting to know so many of you here over this time..

As really its for the newcomers.. Life is so much better for me sober. I went from drinking all day everyday to just function. I had lost so much car, savings, freedom, health, and soul. And from the help of others and the gift of AA (for me) has brought everythign that I need back. Not what I want be need, and things I would of never realized have happened. I have found such peace and serentiy in this hard and rewarding work.. It can be done. I promise.. It does get better, one day at a time..

So in end please keep trying if your struggling to quit, never give up, the doors always open, and we can be free....

And of course Smile cause sobriety looks good on You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you AA and SR... I love you both..

Good Love, Inda
Old 09-20-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you dear IndaMiricale.

I love reading these sort of stories of how people got where they are today and how much happier they are :>

Indeed it is very inspiring for us newcomersx

P.S. what is Nag Champa?
Old 09-20-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amen, god bless, thank you
Old 09-20-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thank you so much Vall,

And Champa is a little slice of heaven Check it out...

NAGCHAMPA.COM - The best selection of Nag Champa in the World!
Old 09-20-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lovely story. Thanks for that IndaMiracle.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post Inda...As usual!!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Inda! What a positive message for all of us. You have always been so nice to me..Thanks Buddy! So proud of you!

Pooky
Old 09-20-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your beautiful post and reminder. Was just about to pour a scotch to finish up my work day, but thought I'd stop by here instead. Your post invoked so many memories of clarity from the 2 years I was previously sober and reminded me how desperate I am to feel that again. Today, I'm just going home to be with my wife and son. Tonight is a new night and tomorrow is tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Made me get teary and smile at the same time. A wonderful share - I feel I know you much better now. Thank you, Inda.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

@Pooky I am just so glad to see your back.. I pray for peace for you my friend...

@RiverFriend , I also will send a prayer for you to get back to that sober place you once found.

Well after this lovely day closes. I came home from a meeting and now its time to have ice cream and chill.. baa da bah...
Old 09-21-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

How fast one day changes its so gloomy today, but thats alright my heart is well.

Have a great weekend all
Old 09-21-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
fgo

inda,
Thank you for that message. It brings the rough days into perspective..