Notices

I Struggle, But Want To Help

Old 09-20-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am in Mobile area. West. Close to MS. Lots of lizards! I love the cuties. No spiders yet!!! Whew!!! Lol
Old 09-20-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Do you feel slightly better now dear SFMS? I hope so

Do you have any mushroom circles though Itchy :? I have those in my garden along with the fairies :> foxes, squirrels and owls and tons of mice and cute hedgehogs
Old 09-20-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What's wonderful? When I wake up I feel like there is nothing. I don't want to move. But I look up or down or side-to-side and I see my dogs and cats. They love me. They are so excited about the day! One of my dogs has had the oddest and sometimes worst life you can imagine. And every day, twice a day, I am struck by the happiness that he displays just to get his little bowl of food. He dances and lets out little barks. I need to realize that even if that's the best part of my day, AWESOME. I travel for work and it gets lonely. When I'm home I work from home and it gets lonely. My pets bring me a great deal of comfort when I'm home and a great deal of comfort when I'm not home. I don't know where I'd be without them.
The other great thing that has nothing to do with me? Tater tots. Laugh if you want but... get those nice and crispy, find the right dipping sauce and you have yourself some joy my friend. :-) That and Tazo Passion Tea
Thanks, SFMS. I needed that question today!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh silly, I might have to have some tonight!!! They sound absolutely Devine. Crunchy delight and sme ketchup!!! Oh boy!!! Yum. You have me slobbering!!! And boy, do I know the joy of a pet or five or seven... Even if my world ends tomorrow, tonight I will sleep with my heart dog in my rams, my puppy on my legs, my greyhound at my side, and my SON snuggled on my back. What could be better?
Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey you are in great country, LA! When others hear LA they mix it up with LA. and L.A. (For those from other less cultured parts of the planet, that means Lower Alabama, part of the Redneck Riviera!)

Hey spiders can be fun to watch too, I don't handle them either. But the big ones that make the writing webs never will bite unless you grab them, and aren't all that poisonous if someone was foolish enough to pick one up.

I leave my critters alone because even the harmless ones can get totally stressed and die from just the fear of a giant picking them up. Now ants inside or fire ants get the chemical boot. Deet keeps the rest at bay.
  # 26 (permalink)  

My son is awesome. He's delayed somewhat. He rocks. He peed on the potty all day, and he has been talking more. Dude, he's so damn cool and radical. I loooooove my son!!!! And all special kids!!!! My fifteen year old dog rocks the planet. He's clear eyed, active, fit, and young looking. He can see, hear, walk, run, and leap ont my tall bed still. Dude, how lucky am I!!???
  # 27 (permalink)  

Something awesome about my life today: I have windows I can see the beautiful sky through, I have legs that work that can bring me outside to feel that first crisp fall weather, I got to go grocery shopping when no one else was at the store, I got a hug this morning, I have food in the fridge that I can make dinner with...

Can you stand one more?
My life is awesome because its mine and I have the power to share it with friends family members that I love. Sappy enough for you? tee hee...

Make a list of 20 awesome things in YOUR life today. Don't quit 'till you hit 20!
Stick the list to your fridge, as a reminder, and make sure to update it!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I said dude twice. I am lame. LOL
Old 09-20-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Twenty awesome things... By me

My old dog
My other old dogs
My puppy
My son
My husband, even as he is distant
My air conditioning
My yard
The food we have
This iPad
Sober recovery
All of you
My cats
My soft bed
My old shrink who cares enough to try to help from afar
My mom and dad
Fall
My trip home this fall
Water
My van
My best friend
My phone
Hope it'll be ok
Old 09-20-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

More awesomeness,

Law and Order SVU, new epidote ode next week!
Roseanne reruns at 4 AM
Sleep and dreams
Long hot showers
Pizza
The Cubs, suck though they might.... Always next year, right?
Books and reading
Old 09-20-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Vall!
OMG! I learned something new today! I have two very well defined ten foot across mushroom circles or fairy rings and never looked for that shape. I looked it up and found out what they are and am so glad you dropped by to pass along some wonder for my day! I will show all my friends my Fairy Circles now. I will also look for more as I pick up sticks before mowing. Made me get up and take pictures and go outside too! They don't show them well as the grass has taken over during the much needed almost week of rain we had. If they pop back up after I mow I'll try to remember to snap and post them here.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Some things about MY life...

My cat is my alarm clock. She's nice about it and sits on top of me at about 6am because it's time to eat. I pretend to sleep longer just to have her sit there - she's normally a very a.d.d. like cat.

My boyfriend kisses me and tells me he loves me every morning before he leaves. Some mornings I'm sleeping too deeply to realize he did, so I ask to make sure and his response is always "I ALWAYS kiss you in the morning no matter what type of mood I'm in." I feel so lucky to have him, and I almost lost him completely before I got sober.

This gorgeous weather we are having today where I'm at...I can't wait to get out of the office and drive with my sunroof open and windows down, singing on my way home. I miss my convertible on days like this.

I love this time of the year...holidays are my favorite. I love cooking and I love having people over for get togethers. To make it even better this year, we will have a new house to celebrate the holidays.

Also, I like cheese. And bread. And Cheesy bread!!!!

Life can be exciting, SFMS. There's so much you don't notice when you aren't sober that when you are, it's the small things that make life worth living.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ald, your boyfriend sounds awesome. You're lucky!!! And cheeses bread???? Mmmmmm
Old 09-20-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Today, cos its mine nd I am free and alive
Old 09-20-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I get to work tonight and I have the best job. I might lose it cos of unrelated to me changes. That scares me. But I have it tonight... And I hope in the future.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

What's awesome in my life? It used to be my exciting job, my loving girlfriend. Now I don't have these things, and yes, struggled like you say and got drunk. I'm learning to be greatfull. At the moment I am trying not to think to much cus I only have regret. I am trying to look at and appreciate simple things. I walk in the park in the morning and see the leaves turning yellow, I feel myself breathing in the fresh air and appreciate that I have my arms, my legs and I am alive. Yeh I have proverbial jack! But without drink I know there can be endless possibilities ahead for me.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Jim you have Lennon there. He does inspire. Imagine, right? We have hope.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

What's awesome in my life, well the most awesome thing is the gift of my three grandchildren. The oldest aged 5 has Asbergers, he is the most gorgeous looking child you could imagine, he has the most incredible eyes. He's as awkward as Hell, but he's the apple of my eye. He is so funny. The middle one is three and a proper bossy little madam and the youngest one who is two, lives with me, due to certain sad events that have happened in his short life. He is like a tornado, so tiny for his age, but rapid. When he first came to live here in February, he could hardly speak and had been fed on bottles of milk, so had problems swallowing food! It's awesome to hear him singing nursery rhymes and chattering/ fighting with the other two, and it's awesome to see him eating proper food. There is nothing more awesome than a child's arms round your neck telling you he/she loves you up to the moon!

I love spending time in my garden planting, taking cuttings and pottering about, it's so theraputic. I fostered a baby hedgehog last year from a hedgehog sanctuary, it had three legs and one eye,(Wonky it was called). it was awesome to see it thrive and see it go to a new home with a huge enclosed garden.

I love watching the squirrels in sneaking into my garden and stealing the nuts I put out for the birds.

I have a little robin that sits on my fence every day, that's wonderful too.

Just simple things mean so much. Things that all the money in the world can't buy.

SFMS, you really can do this, as each sober day passes the fear will diminish. I'm in the early days of sobriety and honestly if I can do this, so can you.

Be honest to yourself, be brave, keep posting and feel free to p.m anybody here at any time. Life is too precious to waste, as I'm just learning.

Big hugs

Gxx
Old 09-20-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember the way I used to live...and I know, however bad things may get day to day - I have a second chance. That's awesome

Keep reaching out for help in your life SFMS - you don't have to do this alone

D
Old 09-20-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Grace, your grand kids sound wonderful. Got to love them. What is the little guy called? Bet he's precious.