Notices

How long and how bad will this be?

Old 09-20-2012, 12:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KJ5

How long and how bad will this be?

Hello, I am new to this site. I have a question that I would really like opinions on.
I have Lupus SLE, Sjogrens Syndrome and DDD. I have been a variety but consistent dose of pain medication for 3 years. My health is improving and I am beginning to think that I no longer need the pain medication (atleast for now).
I have been presribed Norco 7.5/325 up to 5 times a day. I almost always begin to feel terrible (not always pain) before it is time for my next dose and I end up taking 8-10 a day. I am worried that I am covering up withdrawal symptoms and may not physically need this medication anymore.
2 days ago I broke what I had left in half and started taking the equivilent of 2 periodically throughout the day. I have experienced mild discomfort, fatigue, nausea, restless leg but nothing too terrible.
This is what worries me. I have 1 half of a 7.5 left and I am on empty. I want to know if I should experience an increase in symptoms or a decrease in symptoms.
Thank you for your help in advance
Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi KJ5 - welcome

That's advice that really should be coming from your Dr.
We can't give you medical advice here.

Have you discussed any of this with them?

D
Old 09-20-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
KJ5

I think I may need to rephraze the question. Basically, I am wondering if anyone has decreased their meds like this and what to expect when that last one is gone.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're not a medical board.
None of us are Doctors.

None of us know you, your health, your clinical history, or any of the other variables.
It's simply in your best interests to seek professional medical advice

That's why we ask our members not ask for, nor give, medical advice.

D
Old 09-20-2012, 01:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
KJ5

I tried to rephrase, so my question could be better understood. I was asking if anyone has ever decreased their meds like that and what kind of experience they had. I'm not asking for a medical point of view. I have seen post where people have suggested what could happen or might happen. I am just wanting to know ... from people who have been there, if they could enlighten me on their experience. I'm not looking for a medical opinion.