Notices

Cant function without opiates...need support

Old 09-19-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cant function without opiates...need support

So I have been taking pain pills for at least three years now. It started off as one here and one there but as im sure many know that go out of hand. I got clean last December and was totally clean for two months. The wds were not that bad as i can remember, but i want to get clean again but am dreading it. I am married and have two beautiful kids and hey are my motivation. A little more info...my wife is an addict also.. same drug...opiates. and she was the one who introduced me p pills. She has been taking them for longer than i have. She was actually prescribed them a long time ago and hasnt been able to kick ever since. She is 26 and has allready had over ten surgerys for ovarian cists and endometriosis and has had a full hysterectomy last October. I am only posting a thread right now because i dont know how o get clean. I have never taken any more than 30 mgs in a day... i only take enough o function. My pill of choice is roxicodone 30 mg and i typically can stretch half of one for a whole day cuing into pieces. I have so much more to say but i allready feel like i am rambling....
Old 09-19-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR lonewolf757.....All I can suggest for you and your wife would be getting honest with your doctor and making plans to detox safely....Rehab if at all possible and a good program of recovery with support.....I have friends who have changed their lives in Narcotics Anonymous....As I did myself in AA....So I've seen firsthand that it does work. Glad you found the site...Some great online support here.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome lonewolf -

It takes courage to admit we have an addiction and reach out for help. We've all been there and understand how hard it is to break the cycle. There are lots of programs and resources that can help........The support/info here has been a a godsend for me, so I'm really glad you decided to join us!

While you're looking around, check out our section on substance abuse: Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR lonewolf

I think a lot is come to believe we need our particular drug of choice to function...it might seem more persuasive an argument when that drug is a pain medication, but it's really no less untrue.

You had 2 months once...thats proof it can be done.
Look for support - here and elsewhere....& see your Dr.

Be honest and open with them. Explore other pain management strategies if thats a concern....

You can move on from this

D