Notices

Fell off the wagon (long ago)

Old 09-19-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dan, there is always hope, but you need to take action.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

((Dan)) - I'm sorry you're still digging that hole. BTDT. Went from an RN who made pretty good money to a street-walking crack addict. Kept digging, spent time in jail, etc. When I relapsed I realized I just couldn't DO IT any more. I was on the verge of going to prison for VOP.

I've got over 5-1/2 years in recovery, in HUGE part thanks to SR. I'm STILL dealing with consequences of when I was using, applying for minimum wage jobs, living at home.

You don't have to repeat my story, you can jump off "destruction road" at any time. Today? I did my volunteer job and had an awesome time. THAT is what recovery is all about. It was like any other day BUT I no longer do anything that is going to cause bad consequences in the future. Life isn't always easy, but using? It keeps you from living life..you're in another realm.

I'm glad to see you back and sending prayers that you find your way to "recovery road".

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-19-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks you all, you really are a nice tollerant bunch of people, I'm being fairly good tonight, my supervisor is in town tomorrow. but anyways, my boat comes out of the water Nov 1, so I'm gonna try an rehab myself and do self improvement. Not that this ever goes over well, but i haven't been blacking out lately, maybe I'll find God or something soon, but thanks so much for not junkin me, I'll try an share nicely from now on, thanks again. Dan
Old 09-19-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Keep posting, all I have or any of us have is today. Sometimes I stay sober moment to moment. It helps to read everyone's posts. At least it puts off picking up the first drink. Take care.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

ok, guess i wasn't good tonight, it's 3 am an i gotta get up at 7:30
Old 09-20-2012, 12:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
Life isn't always easy, but using? It keeps you from living life..you're in another realm.
That's one of the best quotes I can relate to that I've heard in a long time.

Dan. Welcome back man I wish you luck. Are you on a fishing boat?
Old 09-20-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks, It's a 42' Searay Express cruiser(Euphoriam), living aboard, a little headache now but i woke up 5 min before the alarm, now i gotta find a way to not smell too much today, think I'll start with Mcdonald's
Old 09-20-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Dan... Welcome back.

I suppose the drugs, sex and rock and roll lifestyle is intoxicating. But as being newly sober I find I prefer the clear headed, sex and live life to its fullest lifestyle has more to offer me.

Hope you find you way. Everyone deserves to be happy and despite your claimed of fun.... The fact your here tells me you might doubt your own words.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You have a mickey d's on the boat or you guys stop in port daily?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Re-Member

WB Dan,
Good to see you are alive thus far. Check in from time to time and let your friends know you are still kicking. Sorry you are not happy either way. That is why I quit. No joy in alcoholicsville. No matter where I ran I always brought myself. Even to sobriety. Funny thing is I forgot that sober I can change and fix what is wrong. I re-learned that, as I re-caulked the leaky hull of my life enough for the bilge pumps to stop draining my batteries just to stay afloat.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey Dan,

Nice to see you though it sucks and it's sad that you're worse and worse every time you check in. We all do stupid sh*t when we're drinking. It's only going to get worse, man. What do you think it would take for you to stop? Have you given up? That's a tough place to be. All my best to you.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dan, I'm so glad you reached out. You're far from a lost cause, though I know you feel like one. I drank myself almost into oblivion, but I finally stopped after a lifetime of trying. There was no more fun in drinking, no amounts brought me the euphoria I had once felt. I almost died trying to find it, but it wasn't coming back.

Please keep talking to us. We care very much about you.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

hi Weasel, good to see your on the right track, I think you kind of got my drift, I'm not doughting any words, it's all true, I'll be lookin to dry out somewhat soon, thanks for carin dude..

Micky D's is on the way to work via truck. I'm not really eatin that much so, when i do, i eat bad, I don't have the six pack ab's but close to a four pack..

Itchy, I shouldn't say this, but I've reached the point of well being, where I can talk to anyone and do pretty good, I know it's short lived (about 5 more weeks), I know, I'm all ganked up again tonight, but I'll get some sleep in anticipation of the weekend trip out to another marina and who knows..

hi Girl, yes it's worse in some aspects, I'm hopin the genes my mom gave me (bless her heart), they'll keep holdin up. I haven't given up, I haven't blacked out in weeks, and this winter, I think i just want to chase girls around (what else is there?) nothing is going to stop my drinking besides catastrophic failure, I did get my blood test results today and i guess I'm not dying as of now..

Hevyn, I remember my whole vacation, so there has to be at least a glimmer of hope, I've found drinking to oblivian is less fun, you can,t do the things you want to do in that condition, I have two goals, working, and feeling good, thanks for even caring my friends, I'm getting massive amounts of sleep tonight.. I'm not sure what it will take to get me off the treadmill, probably when my boat comes out.