Notices

Company Christmas party

Old 09-19-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
if I had a choice of going to a party and having to spend extra time with the people I spend all day with all week long, or 1/2 a day off and $100.00 giftcard (hey it's my fantasy, $100. sounds reasonable, but $250. sounds better).

I would want the time and the $$. i like my co-workers but i like my family and friends much more.
Completely. I like a lot of people I work with, but I spend more time with them than my husband. I'd much rather spend holiday time with him than my co-workers. Last year I got a check for $300 AND I had a company party. Not bad!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Blame it all on the insurance company's and lawyers (sorry insurance people and lawyers) but have a dry party.
What's funny about that is that it's the lawyers having the nutso parties filled with booze. I also sit on lawyer row in my AA mtgs. Go figure. Lawyers always know their way out - and they aren't liable for people who choose to gulp down entirely too much booze.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Ok, I'm going to jump in with my little ole two cents.

An oldie, and mentioned often..."failing to prepare, is preparing to fail". Sobriety is serious business...and social gatherings like this can be tough.

I'm not saying obsess over it Pretty, but I totally get your anxiety over this. Been there myself with my last company party and I was the Host...I kept my own delicious non-alcoholic drink filled at all times and really enjoyed myself.

You've got a lot of great suggestions....but having a plan is key...YOU are key
Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I have my plan for the holidays already , go to way more meetings and skip the "party" and have real fun with sober friends at meetings. No obesssion of worry , just know its the right thing to do , problem solved. There again I am not the host so I get a bit of break there.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Pretty,
How are the party plans coming along?