Notices

still struggling with admitting it

Old 09-19-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=pipparina;3583976]I think, until you truly believe you are powerless over alcohol, and realize taking that first drink shuts off your ability to control it, you will have a tough time.

So very true. My husband always said to just "cut back", probably because we both love craft beer and red wine and a lot of our entertainment is wrapped around alcohol. I tried soooo hard to cut back but it seems like once you have that 1st drink, all rational control goes out the window. I now realize that it truly is all or nothing... so now I'm left with having to figure out what to replace it with. I'm thinking just tonic or club soda and lime at social events so it's not obvious, plus i like the taste. Exercising right after work (which is when the drinking night would begin). A psychiatrist i used to see said that studies showed that exercising regularly has the same effect of 7.5 mg of Lexapro (antidepressant) . Sounds good to me!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by las75 View Post
Having trouble convincing myself that it has to be 'zero alcohol ' in order to get better. Thoughts?
Then you'll keep drinking. Or cycle through the process of quitting, then drinking, quitting, then drinking, over and over and over, like I did, until you are convinced.

How about you just convince yourself that you will have zero alcohol today. Then tomorrow, try the same thing.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Then you'll keep drinking. Or cycle through the process of quitting, then drinking, quitting, then drinking, over and over and over, like I did, until you are convinced.

How about you just convince yourself that you will have zero alcohol today. Then tomorrow, try the same thing.
You're soooo right! I've done that regularly the past 6 to 9 months only to keep adding to my history of messy nights. Yesterday, after finding this website, i think i accepted the fact that i have to be done completely! Thanks to you ALL! Today i feel great and although i know it will be a struggle, i am excited to work on being the best mom, wife, person i can be.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So glad you're here. Stay strong,!!