Notices

Day 2 - Thoughts

Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 - Thoughts

My head is going 100 mph, just need to share my thoughts. Sorry if it seems a little rambled.

Woke up feeling grogy, was expecting to feel on top of the world because I never had a drink last night. On Tuesdays I should be at college, could not face going in today because not prepared for the work, I knew this as soon as I woke, my husband belives I'm on my way there right now (I do plan to tell him later) it was nice getting the children ready for school with no shouting, takes them to the bus stop and returns home, pleased with myself for not having a drink the night before, the sun is shining which makes me happy, but yet when I come in the house sat at the lap top and logged on to SR and started reading post I could feel anger and frustration taking over, dreadful headache and so depressed. Lost my motavtion to prepare for college next week so today would be the only day I lost due to Alcohol. Found a meeting to go to in another town today.

Is that it now I'm going to feel like s#it for the rest of the day. How can I turn this round to a positive
Old 09-18-2012, 12:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry hope you don't think you lot put me in a mood, I think coming here has made me face the fact I have issues and caught up in the routine of things this morning it's easy to forget.

told you I'm 100 mph. Going to take some pain killers for my head ache and have a shower.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dorris , I guess we're all different, I felt tired but better than beings sleeping unconscious .
Then mainly slight anxiety until about a week then my world bounced with anxiety for about temn day before calming down. The one thing was pride in not drinking and keeping a tally.
Good luck.
John
Old 09-18-2012, 01:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

Dorris unstable emotions was all part of the deal when I withdrew. I had no real control over what set me off. I had weird euphoric feelings as well at times that lasted a few minutes- there was no doubt they were pathological or part of the body getting itself sorted out.

it takes time- go easy
Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The first morning I woke up without a drink 'Day 2' I was so unbelievably confused! It was a Saturday morning and my daughter came in my room! I dived out of bed asking her what day it was! (She is 7!) I thought I had forgotten to take them to school.

I felt groggy, lethargic and anxious!

It gets easier... take it each day at a time.

I cut out Caffeine completely a long time ago, because of anxiety. But now, because of being sober.. I am having a cup each morning to kick start me It helps with the grogginess and gives me enough energy to wake up, but not too much to cause me stress!

Day 2 - well done you! Don't feel guilty, if you want to do nothing today... just do it! Heal your mind and body!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Dorris. Like you, I've been expecting to feel a lot better than I actually do. Yesterday I read something on the site that made sense. If you've been abusing your body for a long time with alcohol and/or drugs, it'll take longer than a few days or weeks to feel right again. Your body and mind have to have time to heal.

I suppose we're so used to having the instant gratification of a drink to feel better, that waiting for it just feels wrong. We've been numbing our feelings for such a long time, it's only natural they'll be out of whack for a while when we start feeling them again.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA member

Dorris,early sobriety is difficult and it is normal to feel the way you do.It took longer than 2days to get where you were with Alcohol,it takes time to feel better. Be kind to yourself.I spent a lot of time in tears early on.

Go to the meeting later and get some ladies phone numbers.it is reassuring to have a list of people you can call anytime.

Wishing you well,off to an AA meeting myself now.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

its gets better trust me your body has to detox get that crap out of your system!!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The first week is tough Dorris....Every day will get better and you only have to do that first week one time....I was up and down the first month.....I drank a long time and I had a lot of undoing to do. Have a great meeting....That should give you a lift...I'm heading to one myself shortly....I always feel better when I leave a meeting. Congrats on day two and give yourself credit!!....Keep moving forward!!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Please get to your college classes!

Keep moving forward! I know I showed up with hangovers, I can certainly show up while healing!!

Love & hugs,