Notices

Starting over again

Old 09-16-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting over again

Hello everyone,

I was 107 days sober and I recently relapsed. Started shooting drugs again to the point where I was coughing up blood, my hands were tingling and I was dizzy. I went to the ER, the doctor checked what was wrong and I came back home. First thing I thought when I came home was I need to get high. So I did. Now I am afraid of the withdrawals but I know I have to get through it if I want to be sober again. I’m living with my 2 alcoholic parents so it is hard not to drink or use in this house, but I don’t have the money to leave for now. I wish I could go to rehab but I don’t have the money for that either I feel like I will not be able to get sober this time and it scares me. I know I need to throw the drugs and the needle away but I don’t feel strong enough to do that even if I really want to get sober. Now I don’t know where to start and what to do so I need your help and advice
Old 09-16-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't have any experience with drugs, but wanted to respond to your post, as you sound so discouraged. Other will chime in - but please hang in there - if you had 107 days....you can again.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have you thought about NA?...It's free and I have many friends it works for. I use AA....Same steps...Same program and it works for me.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And you should get rid of what you got...And the source of where you got it from...If you want to do this....You might as well start now.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes I thought about NA...I used to go but I stopped. I am thinking about going again but for tonight there's no more meeting here
Old 09-16-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's not a bad option for you...Get a sponsor and work the steps....That's where the recovery is....Can you make it through the night without using?...Get rid of what you got?
Old 09-16-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Quitting tomorrow or the day after will not be any easier than quitting now. In fact, it will be harder to quit. It is great that you are here and that you were able to make 107 days. We all screw up but you do not have to make it worse. Spending time reading the forums is very helpful. It's always nice to go for a walk and spend some time in a park if you can.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I really want to get high but I know I should get rid of what I have. I'll try to make it through the night without using