Notices

111 Days... Onward and upward!

Old 09-16-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

111 Days... Onward and upward!

Popping in to say hello! Although I still don't post much, I read the posts in the newcomer forum nearly every day. This is an amazing site, and resource for those interested in changing their lives!

I am now 111 days sober, my journey to sobriety began in the form of a life-changing event, as so often happens for many. My bottom was a DUI. Not a big deal for some folks, but I am a professional driver. I had sensed impending trouble for some time before it happened, but on that fateful evening, May 28th 2k12. That night I realized that I could choose a happy life with a good career and a loving family... Or the bottle.

I am thrilled that I chose to live! For the first time in over 8 years, I feel as if a veil has been lifted. I am happier, healthier, and am feeling like my old self again... Well, mostly anyway!

I have been attending 3 AA meetings a week, and am phase 2 of Intensive outpatient therapy. I'm currently finishing my fourth step, and am going to schedule step 5 with my sponsor tonight at the AA meeting. I seem to have dodged a bullet with my work, having admitted to being an alcoholic, and they gave me a one time pass, and put me through treatment. As long as I stick with it, they are thrilled to have me.

I really could not be happier about the direction my life is going. After I post this I think I may go back and read my first few posts, just to remind myself how far I've come. I know I have just begun on the path, but I'm working the steps with everything I've got. I have everything to gain, and everything to lose. I know this is a life and death situation, I'm choosing to live!

Old 09-16-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you!!...Sounds like you're heading in the right direction!!...Congrats on the time and on working that fourth step....It an eye opener! Keep on keeping on!!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go Rudie!
Old 02-18-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, 111 kinda feels special. I rewarded my self at 30, 60, 90, 100, I think the triple digits need love to. (111, 222, 333) btw i am at 111 today! My life changed, and 6 months ago, if someone would have told me I would be doing what I am doing today, I would have laughed. My husband died unexpectedly, he was a very busy man. We used alcohol to relieve stress on the weekends. Needless to say, the last thing I needed when my life fell apart was a drink. I would have made myself sick, and I needed to deal with this head on, and sober. Well the first month, time stood still. I had so much to do, and my husband did everything, so I was, I am still lost. But I am stronger today then I was 3 months ago. All I can say is that some people in this world want to see me fail, and that's ok. Some people want to take what I have, and that's ok to. Some people want to take advantage of me, and that's ok. I am learning. I dont like the face I have to wear now, but I dont have a choice. I am trying, that's all I can do.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard MyLifeChanged - congrats on the sober time

feel free to start your own thread to introduce yourself if you want

D
Old 02-18-2019, 04:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is such a great post! congratulations and keep going ! You are seeing such good stuff by being sober.