Notices

I hate myself

Old 09-16-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I been there many times. Maybe do for this week again, but sunday go to a AA meeting on sunday. Works for me ..
Old 09-17-2012, 01:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

WWG, you know what to do now. Pick yourself up, brush yourself down and get straight back on that wagon.You had a practice run, so now get doing the real thing!

Big hugs

Gx
Old 09-17-2012, 01:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Turn the negatives into positives and don't beat yourself up about it.

Start again today
Old 09-17-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

WWG, think of it like teaching your daughter to walk. She fell several times but got up each time determined to walk. Get up! Stay the course. All the positive comments you receive here saying don't worry about it are FABULOUS, provided that you use them to dust yourself off and get back on course. The posts that say don't beat yourself up also say get back on the path. It is a journey and you are well on your way. I'm praying for you today. Hope to see you back in the September class...
Old 09-17-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I woke feeling a lot better and more positive. I am back and going to do better this time. I want to be the best dad and husband I can be, and I can't do that with booze. I have the day off today to spend with my daughter, as my in laws that watch her are on vacation. Play time with my 3 year old makes me appreciate life.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

If nothing changes nothing changes. Try going to a AA meeting they also have aaonlinechat that helps alot
Old 09-17-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

WWG, I'm glad you are ready to give it another go. The fact that you keep coming back to SR shows your determination. Stay positive!!

My road to recovery.... I have now gone 48 days without a drink! Everyone's different, but for me personally, I would not have not been able get this far with just SR (as much as I love SR - XOXOXO!!), family support, and determination. Alcoholics Anonymous has been integral to my sobriety......

At some point, if you continue to struggle with trying to do this on your own, you may want to try AA. You could just go and observe, to get a feel for the program. You don't have to speak if you don't want to. If you 're concerned about who you might see, don't worry about that! I've run into people I know "from the outside", and it's very refreshing to know you're not alone. The comfort I feel from the fellowship of other alcoholics is kind of surreal, hard to explain.

But to your point about the clientele.... At AA meetings, I've met:
  • The executive VP of marketing for my large Fortune 500 company
  • The father of one of my 8th grade daughter's friend
  • A youth league referree (multiple sports) who has reffed many of my kids' games
  • A policeman from a neighboring town
  • an elected Republican politician in my county
  • the list goes on.....

My point is, while I have met factory workers, tattoo artists and regular joes, I have also met many professionals and peers. If you continue to struggle, and are ready to pull out "all the stops", and try anything, you might try AA.

Hang in there, you can do this!

Johnny
Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

There is a lot of great advice here for you.

The title of your post grabbed my attention. "I Hate Myself". Wow. That is such a powerful statement. Repeat that to yourself. How does it make you feel?

Why do you hate yourself? Think about it. Write it down.

You must learn to love yourself to have a successful recovery in my opinion. Believe me I went through the same thing. If you hate yourself...you see no need for true change even though you think you want it. If you learn to love yourself you finally realize that you are worth the change. When you learn to love yourself you want to take care of your mind, body, and soul and be a free person. Free from what you are prisoner to. Alcohol.

Begin saying "I love myself". Just try it once.

I wish you the best. You will overcome. You will win.