It is 51 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 1 month, 20 days including the end date

Alternative time units
51 days can be converted to one of these units:
4,406,400 seconds
73,440 minutes
1224 hours
7 weeks (rounded down)

yes ... I am actually counting the minutes today...!

I think i'm struggling because i'm losing my therapist.. she is the one who managed to get me out of my destructive cycle.. and get me sober... when I started seeing her I was drinking alot and ODing on my prescription psych medication at least once a week ... i was a regular at my local poisons unit... i was a mess; and somehow she managed to drag me out of it... and now we have 2 sessions left and i'm gutted

I don't deal with people leaving very well at the best of times and this is going to be really hard .. sorry to go on..
Old 09-15-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi bluegem

I'm sorry...I find change difficult too...

but maybe this will be a door opening, and not one closing...you never know who may walk into your life now to replace your therapist

keep moving forward and staying sober - 51 days is great!
D
Old 09-15-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Every 30 days our bodies change, you are working on 60 days now, be vigilant!!

Stay strong and stay stopped!!
Old 09-15-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Change is hard for me too but living sober I'm learning to accept it rather than fight it. I hope your next therapist is a good one.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Bluegem, surely you must give yourself a pat on the back too! You've managed to stop for 51 days. Congratualtions. When I was almost at my 60 days I too felt a bit lost. Differnt circumstances but keep focused and post here as much as you can. I think SR is a fantstic place for support, so I've found so far.
Stay strong
Old 09-15-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanx for your replies.. xxx

unfortunately i'm not getting a new therapist... this was supposed to be only an 8 week course and she has seen me since June already so that's it now ... I will still see my CPN every two weeks but she just does my injection and then leaves.. we don't really talk about much, just general chit chat...

yeh this site has been a great support to me since I found it.. i come on here every day, though I don't post that often... I don't know why but I've always had it in my mind that I really want to reach 90 days, that would be a massive achievement for me, so I am going to try and keep that goal in mind ...
Old 09-15-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Try to see the end of your 8 week program as the success it is for you, a celebration of achievement. Since the time you have spent talking with your therapist has been helpful, maybe you can get similar support by posting more on SR, sharing more, giving encouragement to others. Or try a support group. You definitely can do it, because you have done it. That little voice telling you that you may fail can be silenced with a big dose of confidence. 51 days of confidence!