Notices

New Surroundings

Old 09-14-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Surroundings

Im having a hard time these days. Its not about drinking. I miss my friends. I miss the familiar faces that i saw everyday. I feel lost in my new surroundings and I'm having a hard time acclimating. Ive been avoiding phone conversations with my friends ( family) because my eyes well up with tears and I feel like sobbing.
I should be happy. Ive worked my A## off to get here. My husband and I are in the process of finding a home to purchase. Its a huge deal for us...for me. I feel blessed that this dream is now our reality. Im just upset that i cant share it with my loved ones face to face. Im upset that i cant go and have coffee with my girlfriends....... If this is stupid please dont tell me. Im not trying to feel sorry for myself. Its been a build up.
Im a routine type of person. I do the same thing day in and day out and this keeps me sane. I enjoy my routine. Finding my new routine is hard and uncomfortable. Im doing it though. I get out on my runs....thats all that I have for now.
I moved here 3 months ago. Its all so new and awkward.
So, here i am letting it all out. Its how i have been feeling. Thanks for reading.
Mizzuno ( a sullen shoe today)
Old 09-14-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dear Mizzuno,

I am sorry that you are feeling down like this. It's really hard to give advice as I don't know you, but I can say that I identify with your feelings of isolation and being out of your comfort zone/routine

Have you thought of speaking to your doctor as you may have a slight depression?

Hang in there and keep those feet going :> Things always get better especially when we want them to...
Old 09-14-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for your kind words Vall. Yes, i guess it is a depression. I know I will come out of it. If it persists I will seek out help. For now, I am just feeling my way through. I think that allowing myself to grieve will help in the long run.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I live in a new ton and I hate it. I have shut out calls too. Too much effort, and too sad. It sucks! I have NO friends. I am so lonely. It doesn't help.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

@Soberformyson, lets reach out today and try to make new friends. We can do this!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, we have to! It's hard. I am not attractive. I have social anxiety. I really suck at meeting people, and this town makes it hard too. I am a progressive liberal in a tiny hick conservative town in the deep south. Damn it's hard.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I bet you have lovely weather every day SFMS though don't you :> I would love to be somewhere warm and sunny all the time.

Don't laugh (I bet you will) but at one point in my life when I was really down and lonely I even gave names to the flies in my room :>> How sad is that!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Zee

You guys live in AMERICA!!!!! The place where all the movies are made!!!! Me and Vall live in England... no comparison, sorry!!! And you have all of us SR friends! xxx
Old 09-14-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I think you're all great and doing very well .

Bestwishes, M
Old 09-14-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Im upset that i cant go and have coffee with my girlfriends......
Why?
Old 09-14-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's so hot here you can't go outside half the year. Dogs get no walks and everyone gets depressed. But that is ending soon as winter comes!!!M
Old 09-14-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Why?
I think dear Sapling that it is because she no longer lives nearby her friends...

Thanks again by the way for the rain :>
Old 09-14-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vall View Post
I think dear Sapling that it is because she no longer lives nearby her friends...

Thanks again by the way for the rain :>
Ahh...I misunderstood...As someone that did a lot of moving in my lifetime...I know what that's like.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support. Moving to a new area can be tough. It's all for the better that I am here. I really do appreciate the kind words. Here's to a fresh start.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

@ soberformyson, what about a art class of some kind. I'm thinking I should take a class. Pottery or something?
Old 09-14-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I would like to try that, I am very artistic
Old 09-14-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Change is always hard for me too Mizzuno.
Some great suggestions here tho - I hope you'll feel more at home soon

D