Notices

Drunk look

Old 09-15-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dejvice View Post
About 6 weeks ago my son told me that I am an alcoholic. My son is only a kid...not even a teenager. I will never forget it.
No....You won't. Put it to good use!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Oh yeah I don't miss my swollen fingers and face either. I had lots of mini-spider veins on my face too, on my cheeks, and most of them are gone, but I do have a couple left and saw a dermatologist about them. I told him I drank too much for years and he said "yeah....that's usually the reason why". Now everytime I see someone with tiny varicose veins on the face I think he/she abuses alcohol. Not very nice, but I can't help it.

I use a foundation a tad darker than my natural skin tone to cover the little veins on my cheeks now. I also don't miss the bags under my eyes. My 10 yo used to tell me there weren't nice accessories anyway.

Natalie
Old 09-15-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

As a side note, I went to my high schools football homecoming last night. Had a woman come up to me right away saying I looked just like I did 20 something years ago. She couldn't believe how little I had aged. Glad she didn't see me 4 months ago being I looked like hell and was nearly 30 lbs heavier.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I might not look beautiful yet but I behave beautifully!
xxxx
Old 09-15-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I have a before/after picture on my profile, in the album. It's amazing how much healthier we look when we're alcohol free!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
I have a before/after picture on my profile, in the album. It's amazing how much healthier we look when we're alcohol free!
Flutter, thats proof enough for anybody. Beautiful.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

I have my before and after pictures in a photo album! I ain't showin' em! But they are pretty dramatic. The two biggest things were that the shape of my face changed (it became much thinner and more chiseled) and I lost a bunch of wrinkles/lines. I was asked if I had used botox! But I hadn't...it was just the absence of alcohol!

Talk about a cheap beauty treatment!
Old 09-15-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
If you have ever watched any Intervention episodes, at the end of the show they show people who have been in recovery mode for an extended time (60 or 90 days, sometimes longer) there is a definite difference in their faces, no matter if they've lost weight or not, the soft puffy bloated look is gone.

this is happening to you too, it takes time for your body to flush out the toxins and recover.
The BEST part of Intervention (i love this show) is seeing the drastic and positive changes to their physical selves--especially, their faces!

I always hold my breath waiting to see if they relapsed or are still sober. It's heartbreaking when they don't make it.