Notices

Post from the past (2011)

Old 09-14-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Congratulations on your enlightenment, Lost. Very interesting post - glad you shared. Amazing how your AA group grew on you.
Thanks! I find it pretty funny. I was such an idiot. I really thought I knew it all. I was so full of b.s.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
i love it, Lost! i too remember going to AA meetings thinking "OMG! i have nothing in common with these bums! who are these people?" now, when i make the drive back to my home group (an hour north) i get hugs and smiles all around. people i love to see, people i know to be careful hugging (bone crackers i call em), people who still give me little cards with AA sayings even though i've got a million of them! friends all. thanks for the inspiration to go back and revisit the earlier times.

i read my old ones from time to time. i was drinking in several of them. the panic and fear in them is so sad. it's like i'm not the same person. i haven't felt fear like that since i sobered up. to think, i lived like that on a daily basis!
Me too. A tiny part of me feels bad I was so judgmental when they were so caring and accepting. Honestly, the bigger part of me is overwhelming grateful. No way would my life be this happy now without all of them.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ok now I do know everything

Do an advanced search for posts made by you, but in 'Sort Results by', choose 'Last Posting Date' and in Ascending Order (instead of the default in Descending Order).

This will show you your first 500 posts

D
Old 09-14-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Dee, you are starting to repeat yourself, did you know that? :rotfxko

I will check with her MorningGlory-ness and pm you and Lost.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

we seem to be one post out of sync Doug LOL

D
Old 09-14-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Wow. Well, I still start out in March, 2009. But I found some gems:
-----------------
12/29/2011

Update all,

I've continued my struggle with drinking, attempts at moderation are a big fail. I realize that my worrying about vacay and quitting are all part of my alcoholism. For the first time ever, I can visualize holidays, birthdays, etc without alcohol. Because envisioning them with alcohol is terrible. I miss so many things I used to do when sober.

I'm finally there, done. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've been formulating a plan over the last few weeks. I picked a date, Jan. 1, 2012. A new year, new me. I'm not even going to say "hopefully" because this time I am deadset on it. I'm drinking now, and it's almost like taking medicine. Not something I really enjoy, no purpose. Seriously guys, I'm done.

I've accepted that I won't stop with just one drink, I'm not like others who can sip on just one. I just go and go and stop right up to the point of where I might get sick. I wake up hungover and then go to work, only at about 50% of my potential I know.

My DH is on board, he's always been supportive of me quitting. Sometime early Jan 1, he will remove all alcohol from the house. It will be done when I'm not around and can't see it being done. While I'm not a fan, I've booked the first week with various AA mtgs near my work and home.

I'm not going to try to conquer the world but this time around I'm going to give it my all. Planning is my way of ensuring success. I feel lost without a plan.

I've also been reading "How to Quit Drinking Without AA". It's not that it's anti-AA as the title may sound - but it provides very hands on ways of quitting. Checklists, worksheets - all extremely helpful to me and my plan.

Wish me luck.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Notice the red text - it was a total, absolute falacy. I drank so much, I was dry heaving the next day, my first sober day. I couldn't even leave the house. It was really BAD. It was an all night binge-fest for me, not for my husband of course cuz he's normal.
---------------
12/29/2011

My husband is a natural non-drinker. We have tickets to dinner and a show, so I doubt it'll be an all night binge-fest. I will be drinking though, and he will be driving.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I'm just a very slow reader. Of course you know everything, and the universe is as it should be now. Thanks Dee!