SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Inventory of Insanity (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/267976-inventory-insanity.html)

MycoolFitz 09-12-2012 05:27 PM

Inventory of Insanity

I used to drink things like Ensure to get proper diet stuff and add vodka. I look now and think duh. It all made so much sense once. Now i look, should i laugh, cry. Or just go on. I tried to write an inventory but couldn't find my pen. Need to be more pensive. On a true note, sober tday with a chance of sanity.

Dee74 09-12-2012 05:32 PM

I used to take a multivitamin...then drink, smoke (and rarely eat) the rest of the day.

I also added fruit juice to my cheap wine...it was not only 'healthier'...but the wine lasted longer.

hoo boy :lmao

D

Hevyn 09-12-2012 06:03 PM

I felt good about egg nog because of the eggs. Also, Bloody Mary's had tomato juice AND a stalk of celery....so nutritious. :)

NatalieN 09-12-2012 06:03 PM

hehe I used to add vodka to the prune juice I had for breakfast and drink a couple of glasses while blow drying my hair. It never occurred to me this wasn't normal. Not once.

Hevyn 09-12-2012 06:05 PM

Scary how we justified it.

frances2011 09-12-2012 06:29 PM

Oh heavens I'm glad we're sober. These examples make me wince and feel grateful. I mixed booze with liquids to balance the dehydration, thought it was a smart trick.

MycoolFitz 09-12-2012 06:32 PM

the funniest thing was going through the check out line with a basket of health drinks and a bottle of booze and pretend to be normal. Today I did the drinks (sans booze)and pretended to be a hippie.

LosingmyMisery 09-12-2012 06:38 PM

The bottle of booze, buried under the strategically placed, unnecessary, healthy products. To really balance it out, I would throw in some hair care products and of course, toilet paper. I thought I was fooling the entire world. No one needs that much wine or toilet paper, for that matter. I've been sober for 8 years and I'm still working off my supply of TP I accumulated. Okay, not really, only joking.
:rotfxko

soulgypsy 09-12-2012 06:39 PM

For awhile, way back when, I had a 6 month stint as a raw foodist. Raw plus wine, I mean---lots of wine. That was stupid.:rotfxko

Pondlady 09-12-2012 06:41 PM

Used to throw some bananas and Greek yogurt in my cart at Trader Joes....really I just went for the wine!

LosingmyMisery 09-12-2012 06:45 PM

I went on the Atkins diet once. I altered it a bit, though. I added wine to the diet. I ate like a Queen. I'd be willing to bet that I gained a few pounds on that diet. With that...I cut out food entirely and went with a fermented liquid diet only. Crazy...

MycoolFitz 09-12-2012 07:39 PM

A thing I love about SR, I'm crazy but I'm not alone. I think the feeling of being alone was the worse.

Itchy 09-12-2012 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You were never alone.

michelle01 09-12-2012 08:05 PM

I am baffled by some of my former reasoning/rationalizing about drinking. But at the time I thought it made perfect sense.

GirlFromCO 09-12-2012 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by soulgypsy (Post 3575392)
For awhile, way back when, I had a 6 month stint as a raw foodist. Raw plus wine, I mean---lots of wine. That was stupid.:rotfxko

Hahaha me too! Did you sh*t your pants too?!? LOL. Yeah, bad idea.

MycoolFitz 09-13-2012 02:39 AM

The funny thing, I'd buy the booze last but then bury it under the food i'd already bought.

LaceUp 09-13-2012 06:27 AM

I used to keep Pedialyte on hand to help with my hangovers. I actually stayed stocked on it.
?????
And no, it's not like some miracle cure or anything.... just a little better than water. I think I went years without drinking any plain h20.

Klia 09-13-2012 07:03 AM

I never hid booze in the house or bought other things alongside to make it look normal, but what I did do is buy from different stores. I didn't want to buy at the same store everyday cause I knew the cashier would think, "wow, that girl's a drunk!" So everyday after work I'd stop at a different store for the booze and rotate them. I still drink now, but not nearly as much as I once did so I don't feel embarrassed to shop at the same store. Maybe that means I'm getting closer to getting sober?

spryte 09-13-2012 07:14 AM

I would switch to beer occasionally - Guiness or Kilkenny - for the calories. I figured that I would drink less and slower b/c I woudn't have so strong of an 'empty stomach' effect.

I never seriously considered....eating something....:c029:

stairs 09-13-2012 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz (Post 3575385)
the funniest thing was going through the check out line with a basket of health drinks and a bottle of booze and pretend to be normal. Today I did the drinks (sans booze)and pretended to be a hippie.

Much more fun pretending to be a hippie!!