Notices

Struggling

Old 09-12-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Sobernow, I'm glad you have decided to see your doctor.

Support is always essential when you are feeling this low.

Do you have a counselor???

You are in my thoughts, please keep posting.

We care about you!!!!!! Katiekate xo
Old 09-12-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

No I don't have a counsellor but I think I should get one. I think it might help
Old 09-12-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am glad you are seeing your doctor. I finally went to my doctor several years ago because I had been dealing with suicidal thoughts for months and it finally got to the point where I could not take it anymore. I never actually acted on those thoughts, but it had gotten to the point where I was starting to think about ways in which I could, and it scared me.

I was put on a low dose antidepressant and it did wonders for me. It did not completely take away the depression and anxiety, but it did put a stop to the thoughts of wanting to die. I recently went off my medication, but I would not hesitate to go back on it if those thoughts returned. It's absolutely exhausting to walk around like that everyday. I'm sure your doctor will be able to help you find the right treatment.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Maybe antidepressant would help. I will see what my dr tells me.
I thought it was kind of normal to feel suicidal, I have been talking to a few friends and they are kind of down and my best friend was suicidal not long ago and I helped him through that, even if I was suicidal myself, it's kind of weird but it helped me for a short time to focus on someone else's problems. I thought it was helping but maybe it made everything worse ?!
Old 09-12-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know from my own life focusing on someone's elses problems can sometimes help us forget our own...the problem is sooner or later we're back with ourselves and the old thoughts and problems resurface...

I'm glad you'll be speaking to your Dr - I think it's definitely the right way to go sobernowornever

D
Old 09-12-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Also, I was not meaning to suggest that's what you need, just that it helped me. Your doctor will be able to help you sort it out. It really helped me just to talk to my doctor because he explained that depression is an illness and not a sign of weakness, etc., which is kind of how I was viewing it at the time and why I waited so long to talk about it.

I hope you will be feeling better soon.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You are right Dee and I just realized that. I will try to focus on myself and when I will be stronger I will be able to help others
Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks Etta I hope everything is going good with you