Notices

I'm new here.....Hello!

Old 09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm new here.....Hello!

So here is the story, well most of it anyway. It all started 12 years ago when i was 11, yes 11, years old. Started with pot, and spiraled downward into this mess that i am today at 23 years old. I am addicted to opiates, heroin, crack/cocaine, you name it i've tried it and i make a regular of heroin. I have been down to the bottom of the very lowest points and made it through. I have been through some really bad situations and have always depended upon my addiction for an escape and for release. I am done with all of that. I want out, i feel like i am in a prison and they've thrown away the key. I have tried sobriety on my own before twice and relapsed soon after. What to do from here, i am still addicted and feel as if after all these years i am slowly losing the battle. So i ended up here...
Old 09-11-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. You are in the right place.

We are here for you to support and encourage you in any way we can.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR AsherBlu....I know a lady in AA that has 25 years clean and sober that came in at the age of 16....A full blown alcoholic and heroin addict....She started when she was 12. There are ways people get out of that....I'm glad you are here.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jules

Welcome to SR! This forum has helped me alot, to be able to read other people's stories and realize that I am not alone. That was the worst feeling, feeling alone with my problem and like nobody understood - I was so wrong!

There is a lot of information on this site and a lot of wisdom from the members. Congrats on taking a step to recovery!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Asher

Good to 'meet' you - you'll find a lot of support here...a lot of people turning their lives around

you might want to check out our Substance Abuse forum as well:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 09-11-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome AsherBlu -

It's so very hard to break an addiction on our own. We keep going back to it even when we don't want to. It takes courages to admit our problem and reach out - and you did that today.

Have you ever thought about NA or treatment, or just talking to a doctor who specializes in addiction? I'm very glad you're here - keep reading and posting!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
Welcome AsherBlu -

It's so very hard to break an addiction on our own. We keep going back to it even when we don't want to. It takes courages to admit our problem and reach out - and you did that today.

Have you ever thought about NA or treatment, or just talking to a doctor who specializes in addiction? I'm very glad you're here - keep reading and posting!
I have been put into a mental health facility, i have gone to treatment, seen a therapist. It's hard to keep up on therapy and such without a real drive, and location seems to be a hassle for me. I can't find one i can afford or one that's close. So i have turned to the world wide web, i am hoping to find support and information here to help guide me through this.