Notices

Having a really hard time (newly sober, a heroin addict)

Old 05-27-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by madgirl View Post
Thanks. I am on day 70 today - just clarifying that I am not actively drinking.
Ugh, I hate my age. I reread posts and realize I wasn't clear. I forget words in the middle of sentences. I'm sure this isn't just due to the fact that I'm a woman in my 50s dealing with hot flashes and all that other fun stuff but also my alcohol use over the years.

Let me clarify

17 months of sobriety, went to AA
Started drinking again and realized that although I was drinking the things I learned when I was in active recovery still stayed with me. I just chose to ignore them.
As of May 9th I am back. Took me 19 months to build to the screw up needed for that to happen.
Fully realizing that I never lost the tools I had. They were still sitting there in the toolkit, I just refused to pick it up every morning until May 9th.

I apologize, I didn't mean to imply that you were still drinking. My message was simply that for me, the program of AA was still of extreme benefit. I didn't unlearn the things I learned even though I went back out.

Congrats on day 70! Next time just give me a virtual wrap in the head when I don't make sense wouldja and I should come to and be able to clarify.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by schizogir View Post
I was never abused or molested or anything like that. (atleast not that I can recall...some doctors have told me that I must have repressed memories, some have even badgered and badgered me to tell "the truth"...sometimes I wonder, but don't really want to find out)
ok, this was a fad among certain crank psychologists particularly in the Eighties, to insist that people with other problems must've been sexually assaulted/molested in childhood. it's part of the pedophilia moral panic that arose as homosexuals began to demand equal rights. (in my opinion).

if you had absolutely no recollection of anything going on like that prior to walking into a Shrink's office, odds are very good that you never were molested.