Notices

Feeling a bit like a fraud.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh man. I totally relate!!!! Actually, I felt like, "hey, this is kind of easy, not a big deal" after the first week, until day 29. And then even after it got hard for me and I recognized I did have a problem, I felt like a fraud. I don't have problems like these people!!! It was both feeling like a fraud, and feeling very prideful. I would encourage you to just stick with it for at least 90 days.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I feel like a tourist
Welcome to SR

And as for being the tourist in the room of AA ... Sweet have seat on the bus. For everyone on it has a different story and different ways we got to the The Best Tourist Company Around imo

Seriously all are welcome because we ALL are there for one reason and only one. The desire to not drink..
Old 09-17-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sarahgeek View Post
My drinking has been unhealthy. Secret, frequent and for the express purpose of damping anxiety and blotting out troubles. 2 bottles of wine, on the down low, was common.
This sounds largely like my own drinking, SG. I, also, decided to quit before my drinking or the consequences could get any worse.

I think recognizing the problem is the key. From there we can plot out our plan to make a change.

Joining this community is a great start! Stick with us here. I wish you the best.