Notices

Thoughts on non-alcoholic beer/wine

Old 09-08-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Last night was day four for me. Friday, ugh. I passed on going to the bar with coworkers, came home, and thought about drinking one of the od's that had been sitting in my fridge for about a year lol. I. Just wanted to sit outside and drink a nice beer mmmmmm..... I passed on it, mainly because it does have a small amount of alcohol in it. Having said that, I still think I would've passed had it had no alcohol, just didn't seem like a good idea. I had two cans of V8 and a ginger ale, and lots of water. The urge passed. Funny though I always feel like I need to be drinking SOMETHING. Lol.
I do have to say though that I know a recovering alcoholic that drinks NA beer and has no problem with it. I think she's the exception. I agree with the others that it's flirting it's danger. Plus, NA drinks do taste like crap.
If I'm at a party and someone isn't drinking alcohol because they are in recovery, I think very highly of them. Maybe because I'm an alcoholic. Non-alcoholics probably just don't get it. Who cares. Do what you need to do and don't worry about feeling left out. Most people probably aren't paying ,uh attention anyway. Good luck.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Tried a couple in the past 8 months, NA becks blue, DO taste exactly like the real thing as far as I am concerned, think they have 0.05 alcohol in them, minuscule but you have to be careful, maybe it will open the doors of hell, for some.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
~sb

as darkdays said, those open the doors; it's the kindling effect in action.

If I'm going to drink beer, it better give me one heck of a hangover the next day. I choose NOT to drink today.