Notices

3 time's a charm (so they say)

Old 09-07-2012, 04:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 time's a charm (so they say)

Hi everyone!

I'm just loving SR! OKay so here it is. This is my third attempt this year to get sober. Today is day 6 of sobriety. My head is clearing up a little bit more everyday.

Out of desperation...I voluntarily admitted myself in an Intensive Out Patient Rehab Program. Mostly I did so to help me get my thinking straightened out. I start tonight.

I've heard some pro's and some con's about rehab. My question to those who have gone to rehab is...Was it worthwhile for you?

(You know how the alcoholic mind works, I'm thinking "well I've gone 6 days, I should be able to do it without rehab")

Right now I am willing to go to any length to get sober and stay sober.

Your support and encouragement will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks SR!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I did go to rehab...And I use the program of AA. I was hopeless and helpless when I went into rehab...They turned me onto AA. I'll say the same thing about both of them. You get out of them....What you put into them. It's as simple as that.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have no experience with rehab but I know that it works for many people. I think the key thing in anything is that you have to WANT it to work, though. I hope it works out really well for you and I wish you the best for your time there. Be positive and believe in yourself - you can do it
Old 09-07-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

No experience SunnyFlower, but it's got to be worth a go?

D
Old 09-07-2012, 04:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
You get out of them....What you put into them. It's as simple as that.
totally agree Thank you
Old 09-07-2012, 04:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm not trying to be smart with you....I've seen people in both that just go through the motions and I've seen people like myself that took as much in as they could. I'm doing this to save my life...Any less effort from me would be crazy. In rehab I was social with people....But I was also very serious about why I was there. I worked hard at it...And I made it....So far. A lot of those people didn't.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

PS....You'll do great if you want it....Sounds like you do.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Sunny,

I have been to two and half rehabs. Sapling is correct. You get out what you put in.

The half ... I was arrogant about my drinking... I knew me better than they did and left. I drank a few more years.

The second.... I stayed but went because my partner was also drinking.... I was going for him more than me. I continued to drink a few more years.

The third.... I took a leave from work and spent every day there. I got a lot from it. It helped a lot. But the outside world was something I did not change. So when coming home I went with buddies and drank.

This time in my life I am staying sober. I have moments but I am doing better than ever.

Yes... They are worth it.... But put your heart into it... After all this is about your life! This is no game.

You will do fine based on what I hear in your post. Keep doing the best for yourself!

Ken