Notices

What does loving yourself mean to you?

Old 09-08-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberForMySon
I don't know. I just know that I don't...
I bet that son of yours sees things differently.

It's often the people who are quickest to forgive others who are the slowest to forgive themselves. Ask yourself: what would you tell a friend in your shoes?
Old 09-08-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

It wasn't until I understood myself did I begin to have a meaningful "self love" experience... that experience was forgiveness, mostly, and for lack of a better word... not really forgive, I don't really understand how to meaningfully forgive one's self, not that I disapprove, it just seems, well, one dimensional... so it was something more than that really.

Since we are all human beings we all have these "characters of defect", oh wait... LOLOL... I meant "defects of character" (freudian slip anyone, )... Anyway what I see in others that I don't like, it probably means that I must identify negatively, and if I identify negatively, then, am I really at peace with self?

Well what I am trying to get at, and I am not all that eloquent in these matters... Is that for us to love others, and to reap all the benefits of loving others, we must first love ourselves.

We can't always just decide to "love ourselves"... I had some work to do first. Shame and self loathing are synonymous, I believe. Shame comes from pride gone awry... That was where I found my answers.