Notices

My wheels are spinning right now....

Old 09-06-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My wheels are spinning right now....

Day 3 has begun with a wonderful send off to school for the kids, a great meeting with a dear friend this morning, she is one of my saving graces.... And while we were brainstorming some ideas for her up and coming business, my mind kept turning after the meeting. I am a person who ponders and questions a lot of things. My one outstanding question today is this..... Why do people in certain meeting look at you like you have two heads if you walk into a meeting with a bounce in your step? Why do I feel like meetings are always so somber? Fellowship is supposed to be about a group gathering for a single purpose and to support each other in such a way. Don't discount my happiness, let me be happy for this moment, it's all I have. Don't try to talk me into a sad somber state at this moment. I am sober, and at this moment, I am happy about it. When I look back on my stupid behavior and moments of despair, I will grieve, but I cannot let those moment dictate every move I make in my life. If I constantly am sad and stuck in the past about my mistakes, how am I supposed to move forward. Yes, the past is there to remind me and the tape is always readily available, but for crying out loud. Let me live for now and look forward as much as possible. I will look back when neccesary, but not all the time, because I am moving forward, not backwards. Anyways, I just had to vent! I hope you all have a wonderful day! The sun is shining where I am and it's going to be a beautiful day! Peace out sr!!! Xoxo
Old 09-06-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Just try different meetings Chard..

I know the ones I have as my set schedule, are far from somber. All of them I get there at least a half hour early to talk and laugh.. And of course we can have serioius talks if someone needs help..

Its printed in black and white in our book.. We are not a glum lot and We absolutely insist on having fun in life..

I love going to different meetings its a great was to travel without leaving Cleveland..

Keep going and growing
Old 09-06-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can never tell what is going on in other people's lives...Just bounce on into your meetings and be yourself.....You may have seen the one that looked at you like you had two heads and not the one that thought....Hey maybe this thing works.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yes well said sapling

Bounce away And be infectous with that happiness.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know it shouldn't matter, but that honestly is a big deterrent for wanting to back. I feel like its implied that no one should be this happy, this early in recovery. That's where I have mentioned before that I feel like some of te people try to project the exact circumstances from their past to my present. I just can't stand it! So I'll be like tigger and bounce away! Lol
Old 09-06-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Chard---I want what you have--that attitude. I had it early on in sobriety and now life has thrown a lot of curve balls my way and I struggle with being happy. I do feel better at the meetings when I go, and I do see those that bounce in & those that drag there feet in. Everyone is different and we all have our own crosses to bear. I try & work daily on turning the things that trouble me 'over'. I try & move forward each day to make things better...I won't lie, it isn't easy for me. But I won't give up. I hang in there for myself, my family & hopes of better days. I applaud you for your attitude and hope that the meetings get better for you...I'm sure they will.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Boy, I can cop a resentment real fast if
I let it if others look at me the same way.
However, I try to remember my recovery
teachings and try not to take someone
elses inventory when it doesnt meet my
approval. I also try to work my own
program and no one elses because Im
by far perfect and dont want to be. Just
better will be ok.

Not everyone will be feeling the same way
each day due to where they are in their own
recovery and everyday lifes ups and downs.

When going to meetings I try to stay focus
of why I am really there, and that is to listen
to the recovery messages that I can take home
with me to help me improve my own recovery
to be the best it can be. So that it can benifit
me in living a better quality of life in recovery.

By all means we are to have fun in recovery
and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I made a decision when I stopped drinking that I would choose to spend my time with people who lifted me up with their positive attitude. Years later, I'm still doing that and loving it.

Congratulations on Day 3.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Everyone is different. It's like walking into a room at Sober Recovery....each day, each person, each experience is so different for all of us!

some of those people might just be looking at you while thinking of their next grocery store trip....