Notices

Gracias a Dios! Por SR

Old 09-06-2012, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gracias a Dios! Por SR

I awoke from a terrible dream, the kind I used to try to bury in a bottle. You know your PTSD crap. It was so bad I was this close to going out to pick something up to "deal" with the anxiety but turned to SR. 4am here, afraid to go back to bed but more afraid of getting that bottle. Trying to breath, its a dream, drunk was a nightmare. Just sharing this if no one is even reading, its better. Just a place that is always open, time and emotionally. Thank you.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi fitz
I hope you get back to sleep
Old 09-06-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Fritz , I hope that feelings has passed and your resting now..
Old 09-06-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not sleeping, but ok. Dreams come and go, sobriety is a path to tread everyday. I've read posts and had good thought time so its all good. I'd much better have bad dreams and insomnia then pass out and come to realize I was lying on my glasses and lost my cell phone and memory.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have dreams like that from time to time. A lot of times I can't even remember what they were about, but my heart is doing double time, sweat is running off me like water and every noise I hear puts me into flight or fight syndrom.

I don't know if there's a right way to deal with them or not. I just get up and walk, or put on the TV and watch some mindless super late B (...or C) movie. Sometimes I get back to sleep, sometimes not. You're right though, it's nice not to hide from them in the bottle. It was sooo freakin hard climbing out of that stupid thing once I got in.

May you have sweet dreams of the things you value the most. Someone posted a quote yesterday here that might resonate:

When you walk to the edge of all the light you have and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown, you must believe that one of two things will happen: There will be something solid for you to stand upon, or you will be taught how to fly
--Pat Overton
Old 09-06-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You guys are the best. I haven't lost anything just gained a few hours. It all balances out.