Notices

Finally found bottom.....

Old 09-05-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good to read you are feeling stronger today. I applaud you for skipping the upcoming wine tasting. Are you able to block text messages on your phone? No one needs to be tempted with unsolicited messages from someone actively drinking. Have a great Wednesday - you are making it, congrats!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am so grateful that you posted this Chardonnay. Like Jaz, I face the same broken record. I didn’t even want to admit it to SR – just thought I would come here and post for strength. But I’m with ya. Once again, today is day one. My plan? I’m working on it - starting with SR, prayer, AVRT…
Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

We don't shoot our wounded here Chardonnay740....Good for you for putting an end to it. Have a great meeting!

Learn from it and move on...
Old 09-05-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Alcoholics always do the right thing ...... after exhausting every other possible alternative.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 09-05-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Chardonnay,
Glad you are going to get to a meeting. Glad you posted about your relapse, it shows honesty and conviction. I know you can do this get well into the program this time, get a sponsor and do the steps. It does work.
Lots of love
CaiHong
Old 09-05-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

The end of day 2 is here. Glad to know that I didn't pick up a drink. Typically Tuesday's and Wednesday's are just trigger days. Just because. And I survived them both. I didn't make it to The noon meeting because my 1030 appt ran over. I couldn't exactly tell her to hold on while I went to a meeting and she had foils in her hair. Anyways, I M here, I'm sober I'm reading the big book and I have step worksheets At my side. Today I am good. Thank you. And I will pray tonight and tomorrow that I will be as good, if not better! Thanks again everyone!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Glad you got your hair done I started to find pleasure in all those kinds of things in sobriety.

IME recovery was kind of magical in some ways. Just like seeing things transform as I found more light to shine on them. But in other ways it really was quite methodical. 'Building the sober muscle '. Forcing myself to make plans when I'd rather wallow on my ass. Making myself take my kids out for a walk instead of yelling at them and then putting them in their rooms when the chaos overwhelmed me.

I slept so much in early recovery. Physically and mentally exhausted from the constant movement and....consciousness. It was hard but always so RIGHT.

I'm so glad you're here
Old 09-05-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks ssil! I didn't get my hair done, I'm a stylist. I couldn't leave my guest with color on her hair to go to the meeting! Lol I'm waiting for the melatonin to kick in, so I can snuggle in my bed. I don't have time for naps.... So I need the quality sleep at night.... And I love feeling naturally tired! Good night all!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Chardonnay,

Haven't heard from you. Are you ok? thinking of you.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

I needed every drink to get me to this place. Relapsing can be used as a positive because without pain there is no surrender. Chin up, good luck.

Strength is not the key to recovery, surrender is!!