Notices

In the hospital

Old 08-14-2019, 10:28 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Bender2! How awesome! I was especially inspired by your post this morning. Thank you for sharing your incredible journey!
Old 08-14-2019, 10:46 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Congrats Bender!! I hope you stick around! Amazing story. You were so brave.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:54 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Karate girl

I was just in inpatient detox for a week and got out laast Thursday. I would HIGHLY recommend it! The therapy and knowledge you receive as well as the follow-up care has made all of the difference for me. I have been in the Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) since last Friday and will most likely remain there for 3 more weeks. After that, I will transition to their Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) where I will stay for at least 2 weeks. I can't say enough good things about inpatient detox. One thing I learned is I can't quit alone and my time as inpatient in addition to PHP now have given me a solif foundation to start on. Wishing you the best of luck. Hang in there!

Edit: Just realized this was an old post. Oops! I am so happy you have been sober since that day. That is such an inspiration to me. Did you end up going inpatient? What worked the best for you? I am currently on Day 12 sober.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:19 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Hi Meg,

In mentioning your home group, was AA a part of your early sobriety?
Hey! AA was part of my early sobriety. I went to AA here and there for a couple of months before I went to detox & rehab, but I was not thrilled about going to meetings at first. I sat in the back, didn't speak, and wondered why I didn't have any friends and why I was still miserable. Eventually, after being dumped by a sponsor for not doing the work, I threw myself into AA (and did the steps thoroughly) and I haven't looked back. Now I LOVE meetings. I know AA isn't the only way to get sober, but it's the only way that's worked for me. I matured in AA. It truly has been my blueprint for life and I can't say enough good things about it.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:30 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bender2 View Post
Hey! AA was part of my early sobriety. I went to AA here and there for a couple of months before I went to detox & rehab, but I was not thrilled about going to meetings at first. I sat in the back, didn't speak, and wondered why I didn't have any friends and why I was still miserable. Eventually, after being dumped by a sponsor for not doing the work, I threw myself into AA (and did the steps thoroughly) and I haven't looked back. Now I LOVE meetings. I know AA isn't the only way to get sober, but it's the only way that's worked for me. I matured in AA. It truly has been my blueprint for life and I can't say enough good things about it.
Yep, I LOVE meetings. And I love AA. I love the people I meet there, I love the blueprint for life. It wasn’t always that way, but it’s the only place I fee truly safe and that is a big deal for me in my early sobriety.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StrengthNme View Post
I was just in inpatient detox for a week and got out laast Thursday. I would HIGHLY recommend it! The therapy and knowledge you receive as well as the follow-up care has made all of the difference for me. I have been in the Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) since last Friday and will most likely remain there for 3 more weeks. After that, I will transition to their Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) where I will stay for at least 2 weeks. I can't say enough good things about inpatient detox. One thing I learned is I can't quit alone and my time as inpatient in addition to PHP now have given me a solif foundation to start on. Wishing you the best of luck. Hang in there!

Edit: Just realized this was an old post. Oops! I am so happy you have been sober since that day. That is such an inspiration to me. Did you end up going inpatient? What worked the best for you? I am currently on Day 12 sober.
Congrats on day 12.. actually day 19 now (sorry for the delay!!) That's amazing. I did end up going to inpatient rehab for 28 days after a detox. It was not at all a luxurious rehab. It was a state run facility, and I got to see where my life would end up if I kept doing what I was doing. In addition to inpatient treatment, AA has saved my life. I highly highly recommend jumping right in, getting a sponsor and starting the steps. It's like a trust fall, and I've seen it work miracles time and time again. I don't have any regrets - our paths are our paths, but if I could go back to early sobriety, I would have completely immersed myself into AA from the start. I would have shared more and let people in. I highly suggest that. Then after one year, two years, people will talk about how much you've changed. They will see the change before you will. Stick with the winners, not the gossipers! Message me if you ever want to chat. Congrats again
Old 08-22-2019, 03:00 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

This update made me so happy and so emotional at the same time!! Thanks for making my day
Old 08-22-2019, 08:28 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Inpatient detox will make things a HELL of alot easier and more comfortable with the medication they give u. Just bring a couple books u want to read and comfty clothes and take care of urself like u would any other sick person!! U can do this!
Old 08-22-2019, 11:00 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Meg,

Sounds like you have had enough and are ready for the change. You deserve it. Do not worry about anything other than getting and staying sober right now, everything else will fall into place afterwards.

Rooting for yoU!
Old 08-23-2019, 03:24 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Bender,

Thanks for taking the time to post this , you will help a lot of people.

I have never been to AA, but have been sober for years based on a plan that centers around faith that if we do the next right thing, it will all be OK, and as Dee says, if its not OK, its not the end. And doing the inner work.

I love Hip Sobriety (now Tempest).

Thank you!